1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New bits! These went in already:

98r8.jpg

Except for the rotor, the screw was absolutely and utterly stuck! Will need some special moves to get it out. I've never changed the leads, rotor or the dizzy cap (had the car for 5 years now), so thought it was about time. Especially for the cap, the plastic cracked around where the screws go in when i removed it! I haven't given her a proper trashing yet to find out if the power curve has smoothed any as some people say Magnecors + quality plugs will do.

And do you know what's cool? When the doorbell rings at 9 in the morning, and there's a courier with a big box and you haven't got slightest idea what he's hauling in until you open it and remember it's some tuning bits you ordered in the middle of the night a week earlier!

iyfb.jpg

Energy Suspension motor mount inserts (evil cat not included!). Hope these'll eliminate the massive wheel hop i get during quick launches.

In addition, i've got a pretty good sum saved up for something big! MeisterR's? Complete new exhaust? New wheels? I also need a cam belt replacement soon so maybe new cams and gears and a tuning session...? So many options to waste my hard earned money on! Thank god for a proper hobby.

• Like 4

Nice upgrades, as for your next purchase, looking at the list further up the page it looks like an exhaust would be the best bet. I think you have enough wheels unless you fancy donating a set. ;)

Which model Civic did you order the bushes for? I can't remember which ones I'd need to get!

They are engine mount bushes so pretty sure any B series fit but I'd go DC2.