1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Speaking of brakes i finally found the time to do the rears yesterday, grooved discs and ferodo pads same as front. The discs came off with a single hit of the mallet, quite a different scenario than with the fronts! Spent most of the time cleaning and sanding parts but everything is working super smooth now... almost like new :wink:.

Also replaced the faulty right rear abs sensor, took some time with the rusty bolts but in the end was a doddle to do. The unstable weather here has dropped below zero for a change so non-locking brakes are definitely a plus... especially yesterday when bedding in the new pads on icy roads!

Did an oilchange as well, poured in some Castrol Magnatec and replaced the filter with a Hamp from Tegiwa. Installed a new minimod in the form of a Password: JDM magnetic oil drain plug. Well it's probably not genuine (china ebay!!!) but atleast it's magnetic. For now! :-D The engine has been trickling oil since i've had her, never bothered me too much since it's a very small amount over time but decided to tighten up the oil pan bolts and was surprised how many of them were pretty loose... hope that helps a bit.

I've got a 18 day holiday now so plenty of time to work on the deck! 8-)  Lots of little stuff planned... and a couple of bigger things on the shopping list. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

Brake stopper is going in next. The part wasn't a 100% fit but pretty close... had to do a tad bit of grinding do get it to fit spot on.

stopper.jpg

Also sanded it down a bit to get ready for a new coat of paint, too bad Tegiwa makes it only in blue which is a color i really don't want in the bay. So i made a little photoshop exercise to try to decide which way to go, racing red or subtle silver.

Here's the original:

bluestopper.jpg

...and red:

redstopper.jpg

...and silver:

silverstopper.jpg

What do you think? I think the silver fits in with the rest really well, but maybe i want my race parts to stand out? Also gonna paint the rocker cover red soon so maybe a red stopper would compliment it... or maybe it would be too much??? Maybe you help me out a bit, whaddaya think? Too hard! :-D