1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Looking superb mate. Really love this deck! Mine got the left rear abs sensor changed for the mot aswell, but other than a sticking front caliper which they sorted, she sailed through. How did those winter rims stand up to the salt?

• Like 1

On 5.8.2016 at 6:02 PM, Dave said:

How did those winter rims stand up to the salt?

Like there was no winter at all! That Gtechniq stuff is definitely worth it's reputation.

On 5.8.2016 at 11:29 PM, dr_broon said:

Nice one... You've been after some seats for them rails for ages dude 8-)

True that. Now after 2 weeks they still feel like one of the best mods i've ever done, looks- and feelingwise. Just glancing at the passenger side while driving puts a smile on my face :).

• Like 1

Oh yeah i also fitted new front pads:

IMG_5962.JPG

My old Ferodo DS2500's after 1,5 years and 2 hard track days:

IMG_5966.JPG

I was looking for long lasting daily driveable track pads but i guess those don't exist? So decided to try Yellowstuff, against some warnings, since i got them for a decent price. And sure enough they barely lasted one track day! Seriously they're down to a few millimetres at the moment. So for next time i'm thinking about buying proper race pads and fitting them at the track and replacing them at the end of the day back to stock. Extra hassle for sure, but might be worth it! When i go to the track i like to spend the whole day there anyway, and i've become pretty quick at changing pads. Not to mention the decrease in lap times proper race pads would make... i see myself being slowly dragged towards a season of Timeattack in 2017 :-D.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded my wax from Autoglym to Collinite, not bad!

IMG_6415.JPG

Fellow Honda Clubbers.

IMG_6423.JPG

A Helsinki summer evening.

IMG_6430.JPG

Opened up the rocker cover, this time to fix the infamous cam seal oil leak. Replaced OEM with Blox, so another addition to the modlist...

IMG_6436.JPG

Also changed the fuel filter. The hand brake needed some adjustment too but had to drill off the heads of those little b****rs, since no driver, regular or impact had any effect on them.

IMG_6481.JPG

Managed to tighten the handbrake but pressure is pretty uneven. Left side barely holds, while right side bites pretty quick. Any way to adjust them individually?

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

On monday the deck has an appointment with Martelius Exhaust Systems, where the custom pipe is getting modified to make room for a MG ZS rear arb. Also i'm getting rid of the Magnaflow backbox. It was fun while it lasted, but i'm pretty tired of the loud low drone i get cruising on the highways! So Martelius will make a new custom backbox to suit my needs, and since i get to choose the tip/tips, might as well go different than last time. I used to have the double barrels, opinions what to go for this time?

IMG_0239.JPG

And the new options are:

round.jpgjap.jpgquattro.jpg

ellips.jpgsuperior.jpgbold.jpgflat.jpg

At the moment i'm leaning towards the elliptic ones in the middle, or possibly to even the flats (the last ones)!

1 hour ago, marv said:

angled jap can? Loved the sound of this

Naw i'm afraid that might be too loud to my liking! And i'm thinking about something that looks a bit more out of the oridinary.