1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Brand new rims for the winter, 15" League 273's (pic's clipped a bit):

tdextalvirenkaat3.jpg

tdextalvirenkaat.jpg

Feel free to disagree, but i'm super satisfied with these shiny little bad boys! I've never been a fan of OEM Honda rims and my deck didn't even have them, it came with lots-of-spokes 17" Mille Milglias which i ditched immedeatly as too big and the winter tires didn't even have alloys.

But modifying will have to stop now for a bit, i'm going to get the underside thoroughly checked for rust (was almost spotless when i bought it last march) and get the necessary spots welded, and then rustproof the whole underside to give me a couple of years of carefree winters. They put a lot of salt on the roads here in the winter and you can imagine what it does for cars... luckily my MC2 has only seen 6 winters here, she's (he?) a german immigrant ;) like all the other 1.8 Deck's in Finland. Also fuel filter and coolant fluid renewal are next on the to-do list. I've also got a AKR short shifter waiting for installation... 8-). I'll post some pics of the interior next.

• 9 months later...

Hi. I finally got some decent pictures taken so i think it's time for an update. I've done some mods and minor repairs since my last post in october, so here we go.

First of all i got my underside rustproofed. Now i should be all set against the salt for a couple of years. As the snows melted away, i installed a set of H&R coils and dropped the car as low as it would go without the tires rubbing against the fenders... and in my case i didn't really get it any lower than it already was, maybe 5mm at the most! But anyway, now i have the adjustment option if i want it, and i think the ride is better than with the Koni's i had before.

Next i tried to remove the rear tow hook, which proved impossible, so i took it to the shop. Much better looks and 30lbs lighter! :)

Osram nightbreaker bulbs, new wiper blades, clear repeaters and a new windshield to replace the old cracked one did lots to make the overall look much smoother.

tuulilasi.jpg

(new blades, old windshield)

I swapped my old exhaust tip for a chromed one, only until i'm getting my Magnaflow back box, which is probably this autumn. Also did my first mod under the hood, which was a high flow intake by TSS Tuning. I don't know about any horsepower gain, but i just love the sound... mild purr at first, and a roar once it hits Vtec! :twisted: The best 100 euros i've ever spent! :lol:

vapari1.jpg

Last weekend i painted the rear calipers red to match the front ones i did a year ago.

satula.jpg

Also swapped the driver door's window sill :?: to a new one. Was quite expensive (80 euros) but the old one was hella ugly and driving me mad so well worth the effort.

listae.jpg

That's about it for the moment, hope you enjoy the pics. I'm pretty satisfied with the progress i've made since i got it a good year ago. Interior pics coming and also complete new exhaust, from the manifold to the backbox. 8-)

takaviisto.jpg

takaviisto2.jpg

kylki.jpg

etuviisto.jpg

kylki2.jpg

It needs a wash, i know! :D

• 2 weeks later...