1.8 Aerodeck from Finland (10 years of ownership)

Dexter

Ellipse for me too.  

I asked for a small ellipse tip on my eg years ago, but due to a breakdown in communication i ended up getting one like this 

DSC01235_zpsgw1xs5fz.jpg

Ended up with big (loud) ellipse 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 11:40 AM, BiMU said:

Really nice build! Hows it coming on?

Thanks, it's coming, slowly but surely!

Tdex10v.thumb.jpg.453446c8bd073246528fd78ff6356945.jpg

Yesterday marked 10 years of ownership of my deck, and i'm still as happy with it as in 2009. Maybe even more! Never had thoughts about selling her, and no such plans in the future. It's been a great car in every possible way. It's been slammed on 17's in the summers, driven through the harsh finnish winters on 15's, helped me move house 3 times, hauled band equipment, hauled a*s on the track, and ofcourse given me the occasional headache... but nothing that couldn't be sorted out it the end. Reliable, so good looking, and who would not love revving a small station wagon upto 8400rpm :grin:.

Civic5 was such an important community to me back then, i barely knew anything about working on cars, let alone "Britcivics" as we call the realitvely rare M's over here. Can't but appreciate the support and camaraderie i received here in the beginning and over the years, and did my best to give back when had the chance. The past few of years have seen me change jobs, move to downtown Helsinki and start college, which have all put the deck a bit more on the backburner, and as a result i kind of drifted off the forum, even though it was never the plan. But every summer i get back wrenching, upgrading and hard driving... hopefully will be able to focus on the deck more sooner than later, and perhaps even on the forum.

So just want to say thanks to everyone who's shared the journey with me and especially to those who still keep this site alive! It's a shame to see forums as a media dwindle down and get slowly replaced by Facebook pages, at least that's what's happening over here in Finland. But i hope Civic5 stays online for as long as our little m's keep embarassing other traffic on the streets around Europe. It really meant a lot to win Car of the month back in the day, let alone to be knighted when i never expected it. Great site, great people, greats cars. What more can i say :cool:.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 1

Your Deck is a credit to you Dexter.....your 10 years of ownership wasn't wasted....your Deck still looks amazing :)....no doubt you'll soon be showing other motorists your car isn't just a "show" car.

• Like 1