Magnetic Sump Plugs....

WilkesyMB6

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would be intersted in the gearbox one as well if i knew how to change gearbox oil.. is there a how to somewhere?

I think there is. In the mean time get yourself about 1metre of clean garden hose and a funnel that will push fit in the end :idea: . As long as you have decent MTF you can't really get it wrong- empty the old oil out of the lower hole, then fill up through the upper hole until you can't get anymore in. The reason for the hose will become obvious.

Some modern cars have a mag strip in the gearbox housing (I think Honda may be one of them) for exactly this purpose, I assume over time it would get fully loaded though.

i would be intersted in the gearbox one as well if i knew how to change gearbox oil.. is there a how to somewhere?

I think there is. In the mean time get yourself about 1metre of clean garden hose and a funnel that will push fit in the end :idea: . As long as you have decent MTF you can't really get it wrong- empty the old oil out of the lower hole, then fill up through the upper hole until you can't get anymore in. The reason for the hose will become obvious.

Some modern cars have a mag strip in the gearbox housing (I think Honda may be one of them) for exactly this purpose, I assume over time it would get fully loaded though.

yep thanks just found it! sems quite straight forward the only thing for me is getting to the drain holes, in the mean time ill get a tube and buy some oil then ill worry about jacking up the car etc.. i need a good trolley jack! lol