haha! yeah, I'm gonna put them into a body shop to be done mate! Need to get her front/rear lip done too, along with Dawns front lip. Bloody stone chips!

So been busy today. Time to get the damage the twat did to the dashboard sorted out. For those who don't know, he hacked the centre console that houses the air con button/recirculation buttons to bits to fit (i use the word "fit" loosely) a vw cupholder. Very poor mod, and badly fitted. Looked awful. So, repairing this meant renewing the whole heater control housing.

Removed the armrest and centre console, and during this found another botch up! When I bought her back, he told me he'd "fitted" *see, there's that word again!) a new gearknob. This was because he thought the oem VTiS one was "chavy looking"! So he threw it in the bin. He then bought a Ripspeed one to replace it! :shock: So removed it to get the console off and found this........

post-2844-0-08192100-1374366961_thumb.jp

the knobs new knob obviously didn't fit, so he did that to the gearstick! cotton wool rapped in his favourite bodge tool, black sticky tape! I kid you not, he must have used a whole role of it!! Fecking retard!

So, with that removed, I got the console out

post-2844-0-34699200-1374367277_thumb.jp

The on to remove the heater control panel. This proved to be a right pain in the arse! Trying to remove the switches from the panle so that the panel itself can be removed is really difficult, as there isnt much room to remove the torx screws that hold each switch in place

post-2844-0-95990800-1374367426_thumb.jp

Once removed, the old and new panels together.

post-2844-0-84891900-1374367483_thumb.jp

Here you can see the bits that have been cut away, then the rest of it filed back. What a waste!

post-2844-0-77201800-1374367542_thumb.jp

I've also got a new DAB ariel to fit, which is a film one that goes on the front screen. Got it fitted, and most of the wiring routed. Thought I might aswell do it while everything is in bits.

I've since got the new heater controls panel fitted, and the controls re-fitted to it. I'll get more pics tomorrow, as she's still lying there in bits! Got too dark, and i got fed up! lol So far, to fix this bit of damage (and fit the dab) has taken me 2 and a half hours! Fecking fiddly job indeed. Be glad when she's back together! lol. Will update this tomorrow.

• Dave unpinned this topic