What the hell was going on in this blokes head, he chucked away a vtis knob and bought a ripspeed one, and which one was chavvy. :roll:  :roll:

Can't believe he wrapped all that sh1t round the stick to force it to fit. :evil:

thanks for the offer mate, but it was the later style VTiS one that was in her when I sold her. That's the one he threw in the bin. Still a bloody good gear knob! I took the alloy VTiS one out before I sold her, thank feck! 

So, been out there cooking in the heat, putting her all back together again. Managed to finally get the new radio wiring loom all fitted, so her wiring is all as it should be now. I'd just done a temp fix before to make it safe. What else? Oh yeah, the DAB ariel is fitted, and all cabling nicely routed and hidden, so she now has full DAB head unit. Lovely!

Here's a couple of pics of her back to her former glory, dash all fixed!

post-2844-0-98717400-1374430815_thumb.jp

All pucka, and the alloy VTiS gearknob in place of the "ripwank" one!

And a close up of the new bit all fitted, and the switches now sitting in there without falling through! The two middle ones are mega rare, and will give a clue to future plans for Ruby!

post-2844-0-22033200-1374430874_thumb.jp

As you'll probably see in the photos, the interior is boggin'! There is loads of crap on the floor, and tones of plastic filings where he wrecked the old heater control panel. So, spent around an hour hoovering her out, and cleaning her inside. Now she looks mint!!  Also did Dawns deck too, so she looks amazing inside now, especially since I fitted Dawns brand new mats too. Just the glass to clean on Ruby and that's the interior done.......or so I thought!

:sad:  How much damage can one guy do to a car in such a short time?? A lot it would seem. When I was in  the back hoovering it, noticed that  the leather on both front seat backrests. It looks like he must have had the kids in the back, and they've been sitting kicking the shit out of the back of the front seats, which has burst the covering! Fecking raging!! I think I might be able to repair it in situe, just hope I done have to remove the leather from the seat to do it, as that's a mare of a job. Can't believe this! She's been used and a bused, and the backs been used as a effing playground!......The restoration continues

Looks much better, nice stereo too, I wanted a DAB one when I changed last time but couldn't find any decent mechless DAB units and then I found the one I have with iPod docking tray and had to have that. :D  I'm easily pleased with gadgetry.

• Like 1

Looks much better, nice stereo too, I wanted a DAB one when I changed last time but couldn't find any decent mechless DAB units and then I found the one I have with iPod docking tray and had to have that. :D  I'm easily pleased with gadgetry.

I love gadgets!!! One of my weaknesses! lol  This one still has a cd player in it, but that wont be used very much now. Just went and bought a memory stick for her too, and it's metallic red! so matches Ruby perfectly! All in the details!

This guy was a proper idiot

But now she's back where she belongs and will get back to her former glory

Yeah mate, I got him totally wrong the day I sold her to him. Total dipstick when it comes to car "modding" , everything either cheap or a botch. But yeah, I'll deffo have her back to her old self soon. Almost there now!! And got the MeisterR's to go one tooo mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ruby gonna be mighty sexy!

I love gadgets!!! One of my weaknesses! lol  This one still has a cd player in it, but that wont be used very much now. Just went and bought a memory stick for her too, and it's metallic red! so matches Ruby perfectly! All in the details!

I got fed up with using a memory stick wanted to plug my ipod in but wanted it hidden away so I got this…

IMAG0265.jpg

• Like 1

It is cool isn't it, had it for about a year now it can be a pain sometimes as you are supposed to unplug it everytime you switch the engine off but it's so handy having the ipod plugged in without it sliding around the glovebox or having a lead hanging out the front. :D

• Dave unpinned this topic