Better let you all in in whats happened! Basically, I've been getting fed up having all these cars!!! My prime objective was to spend all my time (and money) on DD making her into a show car. But after buying Ruby back, it meant I didnt have the time to do it with running 3 cars, and spending time on all three. So I had to get rid of either Ruby or Lexy. This is where my rpoblem began, because I love them both, but for different reasons. Ruby for the speed, the handling, and the memories tied up in her. Lexy for the creature comforts, all the toys, and the safety. With meeting Gayle, my priorities in life have changed, as its not just me to think of anymore, I've got Gayle and my new familt to think of. So Lexy was winning the battle on the safety side. But she didnt have the fun factor that Ruby has! So it was back to  even scores again. But the thought of ruby being a daily driver, even during the winter, wasnt going to work. Shes crap in the snow, and would be even worse with the lowered suspension. So again, lexy was staying and ruby was going. So had a look at a lot of other options, like selling lexy and buying something different, like an S2000 or and MX5. But again, both would be hopeless in the winter, and with only 2 seats, would only be any good if it was just me and Gayle going out. Soooo, as of today, that idea was canned! Then Gayle gave me the solution! Have the best of both worlds, the best of ruby and the best of lexy! So today we went into Honda and traded Lexy in for a stunning Civic TypeR in alabaster silver with the optional Rage alloys! Was a huge step to take, but the right one. This way, I still have the fun to drive car that ruby is, and with everything that I love about the TypeS, all the toys etc. And most importantly, one hell of a safe car to be in should the worst happen. So Lexy waves bye bye on Wednesday, and the TypeR takes her place. Ruby will be going hopefully soon after. It will save me money on insurance, road tax and mean I have all the time in the world to concentrate on the deck. She is going to be turned into the most perfect M that I can achieve, and even though shes mint just now, she is going to be a show stopper. Wont have 3 cars to tax, insure, mot and service, just 2. And those two will fit all my needs. So there ya have it guys, the reasons behind the madness! To be honest, I'm actually relieved that Gayle came to the rescue with that idea, as I have genuinely been having trouble sleeping trying to figure out what to do. Knew whatever one I sold Id regret it, for the reasons i loved that paricular one. This way, I can have the best of all worlds. Safe, fast, fun and all mod cons! So as Im at a different place in my life now, I can lock all the happy memories with Ruby and Dawn, and with Ruby and Gayle, in a wee box and keep them there forewver. My lifes on a new chapter now, and time for new memories to be made. So Gayle and me will be having lots of fun with the TypeR, and making new memories to look back on.

• Like 7

lol not the new typeR, not made of money lmao! The suspension though is already spoken for if she sells without it......................DD has put first dibs on it!

Just seen this on Facebook!!

Was a little shocked to say the least. BUT after reading that, couldn't agree with your method of thinking more.

Please please please make sure she goes to a good home though!!

Ill second what @Grant said, make sure its someone that is gonna look after her, and prefferably someone in the club (even if you have to make a new member out of them..... tbh you should make that a condition of the sale that they have to be or become and active member)

• Like 3

Exactly mate, I'll be letting them know if they dont know already about civic5, and that its in their best interests to join, even just for parts and info/advice. Hard to believe that I've actually made the decision, and started the ball rolling by getting the TypeR. No going back now! lol

I was going to say chuck the Meister's onto DD but you're one step ahead already!

Well it sounds like you have one hell of a plan there. Will be a shame to see Ruby go again but I think it will help in more ways than one! :)

• Like 1

Can't really argue with that - at least you'll still have DD to keep the m interest going.

And 3 cars to mod is quite a handful :lol:

There's a lad I know that has I think six or even seven cars! When I found out what he does for a living I really struggled to think how on earth he affords them all on what is basically minimum wage! Then found out he lives with his mum and it's her firm he works for, some people have it so easy! 

• Like 1

Cheers chaps, yes deffo the right choice and one I need to stick to. The deck will always be here, she'll never ever get sold, thats a promise I made to myself, and to Dawn, so I'll always be in a civic m. Cant own a site like this and not be in the appropriate car! lol

Just going out to the garage now to take the typeS appart to get the double din head unit out and refit the standard one. Massssssssive job, as most of the dashboard and complete centre console has to be removed! Also got to remove the TypeR rear lights I fitted (they'll go on flebay) and think thats about it. Busy day today!

• Like 3

• Dave unpinned this topic