Cheers chaps! Dave, the 1st location is woods about half a mile from my house, 2nd is about 3 miles from me. Was driving round for ages looking for places, but my usual locations had too many people/cars etc!!

Jim, need to arrange a day for a trial fit mate, see wots needed or if it will fit at all. ;)

Thanks for the comments guys 8-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, thought I'd put a wee update in. Not done much lately due to weather/being busy. Things she's had are the clear side indicaters changed for smoked ones, which look really good with her colour. Most recent addition was today, in the shape of some nice VTiS mats (Cheers Ryan!)

She's had her first decent valet of the year, which included the usual washing/drying, then T-cut to get rid of grime/swirls, finished off with 2 coats of turtlewax ICE (first time ive tried this, usually use mcguires, but the ice is superb!) Also got her interior all vaccumed out and freshened up.And fitted the centre console cup holder! Theres a wee mod you can do to stop the damn lid popping up (as im sure any of us thats fitted these will now have noticed that it does!). I'll pop a wee how to up when i get the chance.....this ones simples! :D[attachment=0]OEM Cupholder.jpg[/attachment]

Still got to give her another coat or two of ice, followed by a couple of coats of turtlewax original car wax (some new stuff theyve brought out thats in an olde world tin)

Also in the middle of getting Dawns Aerodeck done, as its been needing it just as much as ruby! Plus, getting Betty ready!!! lol it's all go here at the moment, getting the driveway sorted out tomorrow, so should have a nice sore back by tea time! lol :shock:

Still looks like we live in the "Hous of Honda" with all these M's in the drive lol :lol:

Pics to follow ;)

• 4 weeks later...

lol, was mega lucky, my mate spotted it in a breakerso got it for me, think it was a fiver! 8-)

Yeah, was lucky to find her, was originally going to look at a vtis, but it was older, more miles, smashed fogs...........and the garage were really crappy to deal with. Spotted this and couldnt believe the miles/condition! She had a couple of niggles (thermostat, plus a garage that serviced it made a balls up of it and the oil filter fell off!!! :o Luckily, wasnt going fast, or it would have totalled the engine!) and now needs new tyres/exhaust, which every car needs anyways. Love her to bits, puts a smile on my face every time i drive it! 8-)

Latest mod. Only a small one, but makes a nice defference to the looks. And thanks to DAVEMB2 for this mod lol, saw it in his thread a while back!

Right, was looking for ages for an ariel from an MGZS, as they are slightly shorter than the standard MB fishing rod thats on the roof! Couldnt find one, and hated the aftermarket ones, which sometimes dont fit right, so.......................................................

unscrew,Chop chop, squeeze,pull,stick,screw....................jobs a good un! Modified the original mb6 ariel, so nice short length now, and still oem fit 8-)

[attachment=1]ariel.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]ariel (2).jpg[/attachment]

Much better!

Yeah it does mate! I was a bit concerned that it wouldnt tbh, as most short ariels have a helically wound coil (see, may days of CB'ing in the 80's did eventually come in handy!) . You can see the wire under the plastic on most, spiralling up the ariel, which means the wirse is longer than ours, cos ours is just straight from the bottom to the top. I've only noticed a very slight drop in signal, but thats on stations i was struggling to get in the first place. I wasnt too fussed tbh, as i never listen to the radio anyways lol always got my MP3's on!

• Dave unpinned this topic