almost forgot, also changed the gay honda horn for twin horns from a rover 400. No meore meep meep excuse me horn now..........more of a "GET OUTTA THE WAY" Gene Hunt Stylee! :lol:

Just a couple of bolts if youre taking the brackets from the rover aswell, or one bolt if its just the horn I took the bracket with one of the horns (cos theres two obviously) so put one on the honda bracket, and used the other bracket for the second one.

Only tricky bit is getting them off the rover, as the bumper needs shiffting to get into them, but fitting on the honda is mega easy, nothing needs taken off (except the original squeaky horn lol :lol: )

Latest mod. Only a small one, but makes a nice defference to the looks. And thanks to DAVEMB2 for this mod lol, saw it in his thread a while back!

Right, was looking for ages for an ariel from an MGZS, as they are slightly shorter than the standard MB fishing rod thats on the roof! Couldnt find one, and hated the aftermarket ones, which sometimes dont fit right, so.......................................................

unscrew,Chop chop, squeeze,pull,stick,screw....................jobs a good un! Modified the original mb6 ariel, so nice short length now, and still oem fit 8-)

[attachment=1]ariel.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]ariel (2).jpg[/attachment]

Much better!

Tanks dave it looks so much better cut short 1"£££$££"!! she looking nice :D try the aero blades like i have they look well better and work realy well :D:D:D:D better if you put rain x on aswell :D

almost forgot, also changed the gay honda horn for twin horns from a rover 400. No meore meep meep excuse me horn now..........more of a "GET OUTTA THE WAY" Gene Hunt Stylee! :lol:

Lol sorry just read this and couldn't stop laughing. On my 1.4 sport 01, I had the same problem. I was reluctant to use my horn because of how ridiculous it sounded, had to use it once with my gf in the car, and she just goes aww that sounds so weak! Lol you can barely hear it and it's pretty embrassing the way it sounds.

I got a loud one from a rover 400 diesel. I think it's louder than the petrol 400's hahah.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, not done any more mods to Ruby lately, but glad to say she's back on the road! She's been laid up for around a month and a half with a knackered rear wheel bearing. Got a brand new one from Gav vti_vroom (cheers mate! ;) ) and with a hand from Paul Bladerider929 we got it fitted. Whole job was a doddle, and we were surprised how easy all the bolts freed off! Even the small screws on the brake disc were easy to undo :o

We also fitted a air con belt tensioner pulley (thanks to ash-dseries for this bit!), as mine fell off not long after I bought her (garage that did the service on her has a lot to answer for :evil: ) Fitting this was a blooming pig of a job! :cry: In the end we had to take off the power steering pump to get enough access to fit the pulley and belt. Got there in the end though! Unfortunately, because I havent used the aircon for around 7 or 8 months, when we turned it on, the fan on the aircon radiator seized up and bloody sheared off!!!! :o Was Dawn that spotted this, as we heard a horrible noise, a bit smoke, but had no idea where it came from lol :lol:

So new fan is on the way, then its fix the blow in the exhaust and that will be her ready for mot at end of July. Must say its brilliant to be able to drive her again! I've been missin her! :D Will be getting the kits all painted up soon, then lowering methinks will be next

• 2 months later...

Well, just bought Ruby a present! As the exhaust was blowing, decided to give her a treat with a cat back Stainless Powerflow exhaust (thanks to Ash again for this!) It was off an aerodeck, so back box requires very slight modding to fit. She's booked in to Powerflow tomorrow for them to have a look and see whats needed, then it will be on with the exhaust. Soent hours yesterday cleaning the exhaust up, and its came up a treat! 8-) Pics will be up soon ;)

• Dave unpinned this topic