remote fob problem/programing

domandmel

hey everyone,

i have a question, i have this style remote fob for my central locking:

2012-06-22205143.jpg

but for some reason it has stopped working. no lights when i press the buttons, and have tried different batterys and still nothing.

i am guessing its totally dead and un-saveable?

but i do have a spare, lights work on the fob, but it doesnt operate the central locking....anyone know how to program these remotes to the existing system?

EDIT: just realised that my pics arent working!! the fob i have is a 2 button fob with one led that flashes red and green, and its popular on the rover central locking systems too (hope that helps!)

cheers guys

Dom

• 2 weeks later...

+1

I have a chance to buy spare remote control, but I don't have any manual how the whole security system in MB6 works. Any USER manual for MB6 apreciated, I have only service manual, but there's no explanation how suppose to work, only wiring description/check procedure.

On the other hand, I repaired my only one keyfob once, and it seems to use the same signal every transmition, so it shouldn be difficult to replicate one (I should be able to do it, small mictrocontroller with few other componets could do the job).

• 4 weeks later...

Mine didn't work when i bought the car, so had a look on ebay to find 1 being broken, then paid for the key fobs and reciever unit (bobble near interior light) changed the lot and hey presto

was only £5 for the lot as i remember

• 3 years later...

It has been a while.

I finally forced my self to investigate on IR remotes topic and I should be able to replicate a new working keyfob from number printed on manufacturing label inside of the keyfob (Vti's one button keyfobs and also non-Vti's two button keyfobs).

If there is anyone interested after such a long time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/04/2016 at 2:26 PM, dr.slimm said:

It has been a while.

I finally forced my self to investigate on IR remotes topic and I should be able to replicate a new working keyfob from number printed on manufacturing label inside of the keyfob (Vti's one button keyfobs and also non-Vti's two button keyfobs).

If there is anyone interested after such a long time.

I have MB3, the car has receiver IR from factory, but the previous owner lost key fob.

I think there are 2 options, what I should do:

1- if possible to buy any brand virgin keyless IR from ebay and program it with another keyfob from other MB ? I would really prefer original.

2- buy aftermarket central locking with alarm from ebay for cheap, if it's best to substitute.

3- any other option ?

1) You would have to buy working PAIR of under dash/radio unit and keyfob.

2) In your situation better option. Place the receiver unit to the same place as OEM one. All nesessary cables are there.

16 hours ago, dr.slimm said:

1) You would have to buy working PAIR of under dash/radio unit and keyfob.

2) In your situation better option. Place the receiver unit to the same place as OEM one. All nesessary cables are there.

the 1st option, my car has module and receiver. I've seen original Honda key fob for sell at ebay without module. so it must be possible to program with other cars, but they are something expensive.

what if there's cheaper virgin universal infra red key fob with possibility to program with any car with IR receiver ? I've seen lot of aftermarket key fob infrared for mercedes from 90's, but no for honda.

There is nothing regarding learning the keyfob to car unit in service manual fro MA/MB/MC, only later radio ones fo GD Jazz/Fit, Civic EP, Rover 6xx with radio keyfobs. Ceiling unit has no intelligence, can be swapped from car to car, but the under dash unit and the keyfob is a linked pair. If you check any description on eBay, they will tel you that you have to know how to learn it to the car.

You can find the articles regarding Renault, or also old Mercedes IR keyfobs, but it is always HW hacking with changing the address/code. Unfortunately you can't find the same thing in dash unit of MA/MB/MC.

I was considering doing a brute-force attack to receiver unit and guess the code of missing keyfob, but it might take a month and there is a high chance of security mechanism to not accept any code after few tries, so...