15 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

I pay my tax monthly now. Easy.

Yeah, think I'm gonna do that too. Might help make things a bit easier to bear! Gonna pay the bills tomorrow the  see what Ive got left from this months wages, hopefully enough to get that damn ABS sensor! Had a go at getting it off but the bolts are rock solid, didnt even move after heating them and they're trying to round off. Gonna be a pig to change! Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Not much happening with DD lately as her mot ran out in June, so bought the ABS sensor from Honda and got her booked in for next Wednesday for mot and sensor fitting. Taking her to the dealer I bought the mini from as they've got a cracking workshop and decent rates too, so fingers crossed she passes. Then she can hit the road again! Looking forward to driving her again!

• Like 1

And she passed! Only thing wrong was a sliding pin on the front brake calliper had seized a bit, but they stripped it down, cleaned and regreased it then she passed! Couple of advisories (two tyres worn on inside but they were like that when I bought the alloys over 4 years ago lol. LCA bushes at rear a bit worn but not expensive movement so theyre on my to do list over winter) other than that, she's in great health!!

So chuffed, and have to say the service from East Coast Motors is excellent. Amazingly friendly and helpful staff and good prices too. 

So DD has been out and about the last few days and earning her keep. Got a whole load of stuff loaded in her from B &  Q to fix a bedroom floor.... Joists, floor boards and loads of other stuff........gotta love the boot space in the decks!  

• Like 3

Lol love driving the deck but have to admit the mini is handling the daily duties way better than the TypeR. My bank balance isn't in the red for a change!!!! Lol

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks mate, had her out again just before christmas for a run, just drives like a dream. Really wanting the bonnet and front lip resprayed though, but moneys tight with the wedding coming up in June so might have to settle for doing something with in around august methinks. Also contemplating a double din conversion as Ive got two spare centre consoles to play with so that might be happening this year too. Still got the pioneer DD touchscreen I had in the typeS and typeR so would be nice to fit it to something! Six hunde red quids worth of head unit sitting in its box in the garage is a waste!

• Like 2

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic