Got the mini back today so DD isn't going anywhere till i fix that front calliper. Its mega binding so need to strip it down completely and refurb it with new seals/ piston etc.

loh, and just got her insurance renewal through which is fue on 27th......no a happy bunny with the quote so she'll either be

A) going off road till spring

or if i can get it....

B).getting classic car insurance

15 minutes ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Too much for the Scottish in you to stomach Dave?

Way too much Tom, insurance sucks! Can't believe it's costing so much to insure when the max mileage is 5000 miles a year. Only problem Ive found though is that a lot of insurance underwriters won't insure her with the coilovers. Even debating putting her suspension back to standard, will see what these classic insurers are like then see what way we need to go. Deffo not paying stupid money for insurance on her that's for sure.

They are coilovers as standard on the MBs,tell them they are just uprated gas shocks<which they are> =£10

Nothing special about them + cheeper than oem units to replace all 4 corners.

A classic insurance company also told me the Mc2 are not of the Classic type as yet btw .

Mileage wise its the same cost for me 5k or 14k PA get them to alter and compare on the phone for best results ect

ps Putting the cat back and getting another MOT on the MC as the maybe buyer has had long enough to view.

So another year to use it and get it mapped for a little better mpg, idea.gif1

Edited by noodels
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, burbleboy said:

Admiral Multi car. Shame to keep her hidden away for the sake of a couple o hundred quid ;)

If it was just a couple of hundred quid mate id happily pay it, but im not paying almost £500 for a limited mileage policy as its just unreasonable. The typeR wasnt anywhere near that to insure and that was with 12000 miles a year. Insurance sucks big time! 

14 hours ago, noodels said:

They are coilovers as standard on the MBs,tell them they are just uprated gas shocks<which they are> =£10

Nothing special about them + cheeper than oem units to replace all 4 corners.

A classic insurance company also told me the Mc2 are not of the Classic type as yet btw .

Mileage wise its the same cost for me 5k or 14k PA get them to alter and compare on the phone for best results ect

ps Putting the cat back and getting another MOT on the MC as the maybe buyer has had long enough to view.

So another year to use it and get it mapped for a little better mpg, idea.gif1

That is good news......for us! Glad shes staying mate i have to say, really sweet deck that!

8 hours ago, Krzys said:

My insurance will likely go up next year, nature of the game though with the way things are, have to suck it up!

Yeah, they know they have motorists over a barrel because we have to have insurance. Licence to print money and rip us off aswell. 

On 19/10/2017 at 5:36 PM, Dave said:

If it was just a couple of hundred quid mate id happily pay it, but im not paying almost £500 for a limited mileage policy as its just unreasonable. The typeR wasnt anywhere near that to insure and that was with 12000 miles a year. Insurance sucks big time! 

Yeah, the Stagea was less than £500 for the year without being able to use my NCB!

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic