3 hours ago, dr_broon said:

How's it so much when she lives in a cushy little garage with heating and a bear skin rug @Dave

Probably due to his previous crash in his rype r.

Mind when he didnt put his Aviator 'Top Gun' sunglasses on? Lol lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, left it too late to go hunting for classic insurance so went and renewed it instead. Thought it would be daft to let the insurance run out when shes sitting with almost a years mot and 5 months tax. Would also mean her sitting not getting used again, meaning brakes etc would seize. So we were out and about in her yesterday, even got her carrying a load of new floorboards which have been used to creat more shelving in the roof eaves of the garage. shes now showing 600miles exactly since the mot so thats good. the Front brake has freed off a bit with the driving, but still going to strip them down.

Had a clearout in garage so got room to work now lol. in other news, Gayles focus blew a turbo hose so its back in garage getting that fixed!

I gave Bob a good pasting at the weekend, chasing (and keeping up with) my mates 330bhp Forrester STi and Bob's front brakes were smoking when we came to a halt even after a bit of a cool-down drive :lol:

• Like 3

On 10/30/2017 at 11:05 AM, Krzys said:

I gave Bob a good pasting at the weekend, chasing (and keeping up with) my mates 330bhp Forrester STi and Bob's front brakes were smoking when we came to a halt even after a bit of a cool-down drive :lol:

Drove it like ya stole it! lol

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

All been quiet in DD's world, so other than an occasional outing on the odd weekend nothing much been happening. We did have her out more recently as the mini was out of MOT (had been driving around for 10 days oblivious it had ran out, only the road tax reminder showed it had no mot!) so carly was quickly put off the road.

Gayle kindly lent me her focus as she didnt think she needed her car for a few days.....................only to call me at work saying " daaaaaave....can I use DD?" lol Think she planned it! So Gayle used DD, which gave her a wee run. That weekend we took her on a nice long run down my favourite road, the coast road from Port Seton down to North Berwick. We stopped off in North Berwick for dinner, then headed across country along some really narrow country lanes and towards the borders, before turning off and heading back towards Gifford, Pencaitland then home. So nice long run and has got her mileage since MOT on the later side of 700 miles.

Drove superb (apart from the offending sticking front caliper) but has now got me fired up for what I'm going to do with her. Decided the front calipers will both be replaced as I've found that once they start binding, you're constantly stripping them down to fix them again. So that's number one job. The other is that I'm seriously considering puting her back on her standard suspension. Although I love the look of her lowered, I'm finding that on a few roads we have been on the front has bottomed out due to speed/the road undulating. The stiffness I have the suspension set at just now is really stiff compared to standard, so don't really want to go any stiffer. She never gets driven hard anyways, so thinking probably best with the standard suspension back on? If I do go down this route, I'm going to refurb her standard suspension so it all looks as new. What do you guys think?

So there may be a set of low miles MeisterR's coming up for sale soon!

Nice that DD has been oot again! Calipers are the scurge of Honda :(

My Accord sat for 10 days and o/s/f caliper sticking slightly. Freed off and all ok. But i had washed the car then parked it up for the 10 days so that was likely the reason. Still pish. Back driving it until sold to keep 'fresh'. My dad ain't complaining as he has my BMW! (my dad is 72 and a petrol/diesel head)

Ref coilovers on DD. Standard suspension is just too crappy IMO. Raise her again slightly and find the happy medium. Even raise to standard height and stiffen to give some feel at least? Shame to de-modify her just for a few scrapes during a few hundred miles a year.....just my 2p worth! :)

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic