Hmm, it's space too though. Plans have changed yet again! The house we'd looked at is now off the table. Both agree it's just too far away from work miles wise, and also it needs the whole electric heating system ripped out and complete new oil fired C/H installed which will cost a lot (Just my new combi boiler alone here was 4K to remove old one and install the new one, using existing radiators etc) so much as we both love that house, it's a no go.

We've now found one just outside Galashiels, which has a built in garage, although not sure on what size yet till we get inside. Had a sneaky look around as its empty, and with a lot of work could clear a space to the side of the house for another driveway. Again, lot of work and money, and its on at offers over 200k which it has no chance of getting, So we might put a cheeky offer in on that ans see what happens.

But deffo looks like we won't have space for all the cars (stepdaughter has now passed her test and also has a car, so we have 5 cars in all!).

The daily commute from there though is a bit easier....29 miles each way

• 1 month later...

Forgot to update this! Wee Carly Cooper is sold, and have been driving DD as my daily for the past month. Shes been getting a lot dirtier than she's been for a long time (not really been outside the garage in winter since 2012) so many hours spent washing her to keep this crappy salt off her. Shes also been putting on the miles! Normally between 500 miles to at most 1500 miles a year.......... she's done around 700 miles or more in the month since i sold Carly! And have to say, shes been driving absolutely spot on. Really like driving her although missing the mpg of the mini and the fact i could throw the mini around without a care in the world but obvs DD gets driven with much more caution! One bad thing though......as of next week, we no longer have the car park at work to park her in. Its been sold to build houses on. And as the surrounding car parks (including the one Carly got hit in) are all full before 8am, i have nowhere safe to park her. Really pissed off as i know the area/town (i was brought up there) and know its rough as hell. Theres also parky wardens on the go so going to be struggling to find anywhere to park her. The hunt continues!.......

Will get a wee pic up soon of DD in her new role cos not had a photo of her for a while.

• Like 2

Couple of photos of Dirty DD tonight. 8-)

20191116_224022DD_Honda_Civic_Aerodeck_Ocean_Terminal_nov2019.jpg20191116_224037DD_Honda_Civic_Aerodeck_Ocean_Terminal_nov2019.jpg20191116_224051DD_Honda_Civic_Aerodeck_Ocean_Terminal_nov2019.jpg

We went to see the new film "Le Mans" with Matt Damon playing the part of Carroll Shelby. Awesome film, and never knew about his actual racing driver friend Ken Myles who had had such an input into the development and actual racing of the Ford GT40. Man was amazing, and should have won the Le Mans race. That photo of the 3 GT40's crossing the finishing line together has a whole new meaning to me now after seeing the film. Highly recommended seeing it! And thanks to my Gayle for finding the film as it isn't advertised much.

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic