Winter tyres now on DD's OEM alloys, and fitted to DD.

Looks weird!

20200317_073834.jpg

20200317_073820.jpg

Soooooo....this will be the last photo of DD lowered. She's currently at the garage having her OEM suspension refitted. The oem stuff is in really nice condition, forgot Dawn had got new springs fitted to it not long before the MeisterR were fitted. Looking forward to not worrying everytime I see a speed bump, and knowing no more damage being done underneath with scraping on ramps etc. Also be nice to be able to just put the Jack straight under her when working on her instead of having to faff about driving her onto bits of wood just so I can get the Jack under! Will make maintaining her much easier.

Yes mate, was really pleased how they'd survived the elements. Might still do the centre caps silver (as that's the oem colour) but still with the blue H's.

Shes now back from garage on oem suspension! 

20200317_155754.jpg

20200317_155742.jpg

Know a few folk wont like the reverse modding, but it was needed to make her practical and also useable once the snow comes.

Just been for a drive and she is soooooo smooth now over bumps and rough roads, just a really nice comfy place to be. Actually loving it and she just laughs at speed bumps now!

Will also ensure her under carriage is kept in good condition. DD gonna be around for a very long time!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Even getting the winter tyres on tubs' 15s makes the ride feel plush.... Being on standard suspension must make it feel like a limo! 

Indeed! So sooth I'd actually forgot just how comfortable these cars are when standard. She has lost the sharp turn in that the Meisters gave her, but on saying that had a play last night and even on the wet roads, she was really grippy. So handling is still good which I'm glad about.

14 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Fair enough mate. A slammed daily is not ideal for sure so function over fashion in this case.

LOL "Function over Fashion", not heard that since the old Hondatech days when it was banded about as a JDM term.  Yeah, did love the look with her lowered, looked sweet, but the function deffo needs to take priority now. Think maybe later down the line if I get another daily and DD returns to her retirement I might think about lowering. Will speak to Alex as would love to know more about the airbag suspension, see what that's like.

• 2 weeks later...

Not been up to much being on lockdown cos of this stupid covid19 nonsense. Did however decide I hated those black centre caps on DD's wheels so managed to track down a set of oem ones and fitted them today. Looks way better I think

20200327_161751.jpg20200327_161734.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to start 2 projects on DD while we're stuck under this lock-down. First one is I'm refurbing her Cades alloys as I really want these back on her! We're not getting snow so want to take her winter rims back off. The Cades had the polished lip, but what I've noticed with polished alloys/diamond cut alloys is that no matter how careful you are not to damage them, the lacquer never has good adhesion so eventually water/crap gets under and starts to lift it/start corroding the wheel. So, decided that I'm stripping the wheels back, getting them uber smooth then spraying the whole wheel bright silver. This will mean they are easy to fix if the paint gets chipped etc (which being my daily driver now, there's more chance of that happening!) Got one wheel done and ready to go into paint but been taking ages for the paint/other materials to arrive. Will get photos of the progress once we're fully into it.

Project 2 is one that I have had on my shelf in the garage for years! I bought one of the UTCOMP displays that member Mike Photo had fitted to his MB2. It's basically the same thing as the trip computers modern cars have built in nowadays. I had originally intended to fit this into Ruby, but never got round to it. I still had the 2 spare centre consoles that I bought, so have started modding one of them to fit the display into. I've removed the crappy OEM clock, and fabricated a new plastic filler piece to go into the hole that's left. I'll then cut out a hole in this to fit the display, which will take up the entire space that the oem clock did. For an idea of what I'm doing, have a look at Mikes mb2 interior. I'm also planning to do a Double din conversion on DD too, which again is why I had bought the two spare consoles. 

The display itself os OLED and has miltiple configuations for displaying Clock, MPG, miles left in tank, outside temp, inside temp, speed, etc. It's a mega lot of wiring to do, absolute spaghetti of wiring but I love a challenge. Most of the pick ups will involve tapping into her ecu wiring so needing to get wiring diagrams of that. Will probably get the display unit mod done first the do the double din further down the line as both these mods will involve her spending some time off the road. 

Again, will get some photos of things and what I've done so far. Might even try and put together a how too for this as it may be something other members are interested in fitting to their civics to bring them right up to date. :geek:

• Like 1

I've been looking at doing something with clock aswell Dave. As stereo has a clock right below it anyway.  

Was thinking tyre pressure monitor. But will have a look at trip computer aswell.

Good idea 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

I've been looking at doing something with clock aswell Dave. As stereo has a clock right below it anyway.  

Was thinking tyre pressure monitor. But will have a look at trip computer aswell.

Good idea 

I'm almost positive the UTCOMP can display tyre pressures too Alex. Have a look o their website https://www.reveltronics.com/en/ and also in their forum too, lots of info, diagrams and what sensors are available. Deffo better than that wee pissy clock we have there as standard! lol Plus the bulbs gone on DD's clock so I'm damned if I'm taking the radio etc out just to change it, might aswell go all in and fit a nice new display! 8-)

Oh, and I've just got the UTCOMP-3, but there's also a UTCOMP-Pro version now which has more ports and a choice of screens

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic