I've had a look Dave. That's exactly what I need.

Me and my brother were trying to make something similar with an Arduino but gave up. 

So glad you've put me onto this. Thanks.

In fact I could have not Installed gauges.  Just ran this instead. OEM look and all that

Edited by KiNK43
  • Like 1

I've sourced the English version of the installation manual (was in the middle of translating it from Polish to English then though ah ta hell with this, there must be an English version somewhere! lol) blush.gif1 

Doesn't look to bad to wire up to be honest, pretty straight forward so going to be ordering up all the neccessary rolls of cable I'm gonna need. Going to take a while as stuff ain't arriving quick and will need to take DD off the road to do it all but will be sweet once done!

• Like 1

Will be cool. I remember when Mike did his, and you're right, it did bring it up to date. 

I had to take my clock out and used the space to fit my phone holder. The clock was always going of sync with the one on my radio and my ocd couldn't cope. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Will be cool. I remember when Mike did his, and you're right, it did bring it up to date. 

I had to take my clock out and used the space to fit my phone holder. The clock was always going of sync with the one on my radio and my ocd couldn't cope. 

Haha! know that feeling!! They must change minutes at precisely the same time or it will cause you to crash! Least that's how my ocd see's it! lol Going to do a how to guide on this too so be easy for any members to do the same 8-)

• Like 1

Haha funny you should mention that as I gave my lad the task of waiting for the radio to change minute and pressing the clock minute button at exactly the same time when we went out for a blast earlier. Lol.

• Haha 2

Update: Started to refurb her Cades alloys (DD's posh shoes) The rimes being polished were in a terrible state tbh, and I accidentally kerbed one a while back. Glad to hear that all 4 have now been sanded, repaired, prepped and the the first one is now into paint. So far had 2 coats of etch primer, two coats of high build primer and now onto the silver (1 coat so far). Was going to make a video on this, but because we were in the middle of moving house all my camera gear is packed away including tripods etc so can't. Will however get photos up asap!

• Like 1

So, some photos. This was after 2and coat of silver (now just finished 3rd coat)

20200425_164958.jpg20200425_164938.jpg

And one of the other wheels, sanded, wet n dried and waiting for paint.

20200425_165012.jpg

Finished! Masking tape etc off (and not a single bit of paint/overspray on the tyre!) 

Have defo learned that proper automotive masking tape is key, and makes an amazing difference.

Wheel has had 4  coats of laquer, no runs anywhere so haven't lost my spraying skills! 

Will get another done tomorrow then the other two on Monday.

20200425_184557.jpg20200425_184541.jpg20200425_184531.jpg

• Like 1

Jury is still out for me on that Simon lol. I love wheels that are dished with a polished lip, but just fed up of the hassle trying to stop them corroding/crap getting under the lacquer so this seems the best alternative. I do however have another cunning plan but that's way further down the line! Involves spectrachrome paint! 8-)

Really happy with the finish on these though, they do look like new again. Time will tell on the durablity as I've found with Halfords paint it gets buggered very easy by brake dust, Halfords lacquer really is piss poor. Hence all the paint and lacquer this time are proper automotive stuff. Cost more, but hoping it actually lasts!

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic