Not done much to DD lately tbh. She had a slow puncture (or so I thought) but turned out one of the Cades alloys had a tiny pinhole in the outer rim. Found a place locally that repaired it and hasn't leaked since! Also, as I'm working from home, she has been sitting in the drive. the usual civic M thing happened, after 2 weeks, battery stone cold dead. Got it charged again and have now bought a trickle charger that I'm going to fit to her (hard wire) then fit an outside mains socket next to where she parks so can just plug her straight in when she's not being used for a while. Does that mean shes electric? lol  be the first Civic M that you plug in at night! lol

DD is now very much uprated with technology seeing as shes a daily. She now has:

• Full Bluetooth
  • Wireless phone charging
  • Dashcam built into rear view mirror
  • Rear camera
  • Alexa Auto (can now just say to her "play such and such and hey presto, it plays. Great for getting a live traffic report too!)
  • Her own 4G wifi network!

With all the tech, she's actually really great to have as a daily now! Will get photos of everything later to show what shes got.

•  
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Got all the gear going on ain'tcha!!!

I have to plug mine in aswell have a battery conditioner. Battery drains in couple weeks aswell 

Yeah, every civic m I've owned does it. Bloody annoying! Charger came so just waiting on my outdoor socket arriving then we're good to go.

23 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Did you say you going to install the charger permanently into the car?

Yes thinking about it as it would make it easier to just rock up, park and plug her straight in. Saves the hassle of having to get the charger out, connect it to battery then connect it to power etc.

Well, I'm annoyed with DD! Went to go out last night to pick up some IT equip to get properly set up for work at home.....turned the key...nada, not even enough power to turn over the engine! Battery flat again! Was only just fully charged about a week and a half ago, and although she's been sitting, shes been on 1 decent run. Pee'd off now, going to buy a new battery and see how she fairs.

Out of curiosity, how long can your Civic M's sit before battery is gubbed? Is it really the clock that drains it, or is it maybe the factory immobilizer? I don't put the alarm on when she's sitting at home, so just lock her with the oem fob.

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic