Right, decided deffo needs a new battery. Has been sitting for around 4 days, went to start her and she turned over slowly (didn't think she was going to start!) She did start and then ran fine, went for a drive, stopped at a petrol station, got back in and she started like she normally does. So shows alternator is doing it's job, so hoping a new battery will cure it. Sure I only bought this a few years ago and its a proper Yuasa battery from Honda.

Priced up a brand new yuasa from Yuasa themselves....£109 + delivery (for the 5000 model which is more amps/heavier duty)

Got the 5000 model from Halfords....£91. It was the 3000 that was in her so hoping this one will do better. Hoping to fit it tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, it finally happened! cry.gif1 DD has sprung a leak! Went out and washed her today as she was filthy, and then jumped in to hear Squelching. Thought this can't be good. Drivers side footwell completely soaking, carpet and mats dripping wet. Gutted!

I removed all the trim and got the carpets pulled back and the drain bung removed. Was one hell of a puddle under the carpet. Had to wring the carpet/underlay out to get the water out, was absolutley soaking. :(

Fired her up, heaters of full whack to the floor and also got my heat gun in to get her dried out. Took ages but shes near enough dry now. Got no idea where its getting in though shrug.gif1 Gayle and me are gonna investigate further once shes home, see if we can pin point it. I'm almost certain it'll be the windscreen around the bulkhead, the bonding eventually breaks down on them and stops forming a seal. Will need to strip out all the scuttle panel trim and wipers etc to get a good look. Don't think its the usual place at the top of the windscreen these normally go at as the roof lining is all nice and dry.

The good news is the floor under the carpets is like brand new, still got factory still in her original blue so hopefully can nip this in the bud before it causes any damage.

Did notice the past week whilst she was parked up that the windows were all steamed up so this is obviously the cause. Downside is I dont yet have a garage that I can work in and we're getting really crap weather here so not looking forward to working on her out doorsshrug.gif1

• Sad 1

Yeah, thought about them sunroof drains maybe being blocked, but thought that would usually make the headlining wet at the front corner?

Gayle and I tested it tonight with a watering can. Started at the scuttle area, and worked our way slowly bit by bit up the A pillar. Then went along top of windscreen. Next went along the rain rail at front next to roof rails. Nada, not a thing! Tried around the drivers door to check the seals, nope not there.

We've now got no idea where its getting in. Floor is dry today, but carpet is still pulled backa s its still wet (Have left her running with the hot air on full whack to the floor to try and get that proplery dried out.

We're thinking now that it may have got in some of the areas we checked when i was washing her.....maybe the force (it isnt that powerful tbh) of the hose was enough to get the water past whatever bit of seal is failing?

• 2 months later...

So, thought I'd post a wee update on future plans for DD this year. Just bought a Road Angel Go Dashcam to replace the current rear view mirror one with built in cam that I fitted. The Mirror with dashcam is too big, so means you cant use the sun visors without the mirror getting knocked out of the way. Wanted the Road Angel as its really small and discreet. Also bought the hard wire kit for it so once the temp outside picks up, will be getting this fitted.

Decided that this year, I'm going ahead with the project for doing the double din dash conversion so i can fit an android double din head unit. Got the two spare centre consoles, just waiting on the double din cage coming.

Also got new roof bars to fit too her roof rails, to make her even more practical. Will get pics of the new stuff and do a how to guide for the double din conversion.

Last wee pic of her dash before the double din gets done:

Dawns_aerodeck_heater_surrounds (1).jpg

And just a wee pose she did for the camera lol

DD new tyres fitted 2 May 2020.jpg

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • Dave pinned this topic