On 7/13/2021 at 6:53 AM, KiNK43 said:

That's perfect!. Was a complete step backwards on th m. Even eg had pop up cup holders. 

I know, mental aint it! I mean even storage wise, the M's are sadly lacking, but to not even have a solitary cup holder was madness!

• Like 1

Was out the other day with the boy, and got a couple of drinks from the garage - and had them in the armrest holder. It's such a rubbish place! Think I might have to invest in one of the integra ones.. 

How did you fit it in in the end? 

• Like 1

I drilled a small hole through the bottom of it to countersink a screw. Theres one countersunk hole already there, so used that along with the one I drilled. Used two small (but long) bolts to fix it to the underside of the ashtray/fag lighter unit/panel. You need to remove the whole centre console and then remove the ashtray bit so you can position it and drill the holes.  Sure I took photos when doing it, will check my phone mate.

• Like 1

Only got a couple of pics so will try and explain it! Oh and its 3 bolts, not 2 lol

So you need to remove the ashtray/lighter unit from car

You will also need to add a spacer/packing between the cupholder and the ashtray unit. I used hard foam from the box my DD head unit came in. Oh and you need to trim the rear lip of the ashtray unit off (can see the rough cut I did here, i did then trim it all neatly!) This sits up against the rear of the wee cubby tray at bottom of dash, so without trimming it the cupholders won't allow the ashtray unit to go back in place.

1fitting cupholder foam spacer attached.jpg

The cupholder has mounting points at the front. Sadly, the way the ashtray unit is, you can only use one of those holes.

3fitting cupholder showing mounting point on cupholder.jpg

Drill a hole in the ashtray unit inline with where the cupholder front mounting point is (this is on the same side as the lighter. On the ashtry side the hole aligns with  void so can't be used.

2fitting cupholder hole drilled in line with front hole of cupholder.jpg

2bfitting cupholder hole drilled in line with front hole of cupholder.jpg

Secure the cupholder to the ashtray unit using longish but small diameter bolts, one at the front and two at the rear. One of the rear ones needs a hole drilled (and countersunk so the screw clears the drawer when it opens/closes), the other has the countersunk hole (you'll see it easily once the cupholder is open) we spoke about earlier. 

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Not posted in DD's thread for a while so time for  a wee update. Sadly, it's not good news! DD has been my daily driver for almost 3 years now (had been just kept as a show car in the garage) but think I mentioned earlier she had the dreaded water leak in the top corner of the A pillar (Common issue on these Civics). I thought I had got to the bottom of it as thought it was the bonding round the windscreen at the top maybe breaking down a little and having a tiny gap letting water in so removed all the trip surround and sealed it at the top. This hasn't worked! Thought it might be the sunroof drains so checked them but water is flowing through them fine. Then looked at the rubber seal around the sunroof, and thought maybe the sunroof wind deflector was maybe starting to let water in where it clips on? So took it off for a look, but it isn't getting in there either! On a side note, if you are looking to fit one of those deflectors, my advise would be to put maybe some silicon grease on the underside of the rubber seal so it isn't sitting on the paint. DD's has been on there since around 2007 (think thats when we got it fitted by Honda) and its unfortunately left the paint matt/flat under where it sat so now going to have to cut back with compound and then get the bummer on it to sort it.

So, back to the leak. I went out yesterday, and noticed the pass side is also now wet!! complain.gif1 After investigating further, it's not just the top corner on the pass side, but the whole edge from front to back is bloody wet! Roof lining is going to have to come out so I can actually see where the hell its coming in but have my suspicions that it's under the roof rails/gutter trim the issue lies. Massive job and total pia to get the roof lining out! I'll need to fix it too as the material has come away from the board due to the water. For now, I've put her in the garage so she can get dried out and is away from any rain/snow etc. She'll stay there till the weather improves a bit then I'll strip her down and get to the bottom of it. Least she's safe in there! Will also get to the bottom of the ABS light being on as not had a chance to sort that either! 

If anyone has any spare A pillar trims they want to sell I'd be really interested as DD's has a couple of broken clips so give me a shout!

Poppy our wee MINI convertible 1st gen is now taking on the roll of my daily driver through winter even thought she was meant to be cosied up in the garage! Not had a chance to address the wee faults on her yet but did sort the engine temp issue so will update her thread now. She's driving fantastic though to be fair, really cracking wee car!

I'll get some photos of DD's wet headlining and the paint marks caused by the deflector tomorrow at some point and post them up.

• Like 2

• Dave pinned this topic