Bloody water leaks in these civics! 

I went out and started mine the other day and had a pootle around the estate away from any salt. The inside of the windscreen was quite wet - more than I thought it should be, and when I got back there was a bit of water had ran into the spare wheel well. 

If checked it a few times since its been parked up for the winter, but I think when I've pulled it the drive onto the slope in front of the house, it's ran backwards and down into the boot area. 

Going to get a cover for it until I can get a garage sorted, then get the leak sorted. 

• Like 1

Yeah, total pia! lol Suppose thought with the age ext they aint as bad as some of the old cars I've had so shouldn't grumble too much! My old Cortina leaked from every possible place, constant swimming pool in the footwells. And in the winter, while everyone was deicing their cars, I was sitting inside my freezing cold Cortian scraping the ice off the INSIDE of the windscreen!! Christ, couldn't go back to those Cortina days now I tell ya! I'd be putting a bloody match to it......it'll either defrost with the heat of the flames or burn to then ground! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave I had a similar problem and it was the seam sealer under the gutter trim that had cracked and was letting water in.

I picked it out with a screwdriver where i could see gaps and filled it in with some PU sealant and its been good ever since.

• Like 2

@dan1 That's brilliant Dan, thank you! Think you might have saved me a load of work as got Paul Bladerider929 coming down today to help me take out the headlining so might just take off the roof rails and gutter trim and have a look there first.

:car1:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dave said:

@dan1 That's brilliant Dan, thank you! Think you might have saved me a load of work as got Paul Bladerider929 coming down today to help me take out the headlining so might just take off the roof rails and gutter trim and have a look there first.

:car1:

Nice one, fingers crossed it was that. mine was lifting near the little locating pin the gutter rubber trim attaches to. Mine was obvious as the paint had cracked. 

Id go and take a photo for you but currently isolating due to covid!!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dan1 said:

All good thanks Mate, ive only got it mild so the worst bit is the boredom of being stuck at home haha!

Good to hear. At least the weather's cack so makes staying in a bit easier - I've hardly left the house since Christmas :lol:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Gutted! Absolutely gutted! We had another storm here last night (another due tonight) and DD was taking cover in the carport next to the garage. Went out to her this morning to find her covered in crap, and our old metal wheel barrow on the bonnet! Needless to say, bonnet has now got a small dent, scratches and the front passenger wing is now scratched with all the debris that's been blown about round her. Got rid of the crap and took her for a drive to pick up a generator, and noticed when we got to Edinburgh the plastic pillar trim on the drivers side that goes down the side of the windscreen is gone☹️ Must have been loosened with the battering she took. Bloody furious at this weather, wish it and the stupid virus would just piss off and leave us alone. Anyone got a windscreen trim strip for sale? Can't believe she's went from looking mint to looking like a bloody shed overnight! Carport is also looking in a bad way, think tonights storm will bring it down so DD now parked in far end of drive away from the port/garages and next to the house beside Poppy and Effy. least she has her pals around her lol

If anyone does have a spare windscreen trim piece for the drivers side please let me know. I'll get pics of her later to show her sorry state.

• Sad 1

• Dave pinned this topic