Just a wee update with photos this time! So managed to get a hold of what are believed to be the last brand new packet of windscreen trim clips in the uk for our cars (although they are in a sealed oem "Rover 400" bag. Got them fitted to the new windscreen trip piece and fitted nice and secure.

DD_New_windscreen_trim_fitted_Honda_Civic_Aerodeck.jpg

And the dent in the bonnet (close up). It looks worse in this photo than it really is.

DD_the_dent_caused_by_flying_wheelbarrow.jpg

As can be seen from this angle..

DD_the_dent_caused_by_flying_wheelbarrow2.jpg

The scratches came out of it all nicely, including the front passenger wing.

DD_Front_scratches_buffed_out_Honda_Civic_Aerodeck_bonnet.jpg

front pass wing and wheel.jpg

Last two are just DD in the crib lol

DD_Front_scratches_buffed_out_Honda_Civic_Aerodeck_bonnet.jpg

DD_rear2_Honda_Civic_Aerodeck.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one Dave. Get a paintless dent man round for that. Miracle workers. 

A spare washer bottle fell off shelf onto my bonnet a while back. Was furious. Cost me 90 quid but bloke came to my house and would never know it ever happened. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Nice one Dave. Get a paintless dent man round for that. Miracle workers. 

A spare washer bottle fell off shelf onto my bonnet a while back. Was furious. Cost me 90 quid but bloke came to my house and would never know it ever happened. 

Deffo gonna look into that as tbh, I'm not a fan of filler! Know I'm going to respray the bonnet and VTiS front lip at some point as the paint is shocking on both now with tiny stone chips (not so tiny ones on the lip!) but filler always sinks/shrinks/cracks over time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dr_broon said:

Glad to see that she's tucked up safe before these next storms kick off properly.

Nice that you got hold of that trim as new as well. 

More storms due?  Really windy here again. Which is usually the backlash of what goes on up there

• Haha 1

Already started here, goes from bright sunshine to dark as hell, then snow, then sunshine...constant strong winds. Now staying dark, raining and looking like it's gonna be a bad onecry.gif1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting pics.....has DD been lowered again?

feb_2022_dirty_and _loaded_with_slabs1.jpg

feb_2022_dirty_and _loaded_with_slabs2.jpg

LOL nope, DD has been busy helping us improve the garden....transported 13 slabs (heavy duty thick ones too, not the usual B&Q cheapies!) in her boot.

feb_2022_dirty_and _loaded_with_slabs3.jpg

Did make the handling...errrr..interesting in the high winds we had! Just shows how bloody great practical cars these decks really are though, although have to say I won't be putting that many in her again. think that was probably the max weight she's ever had/ever will have in her. 

Oh, and she's filthy from a weekend on our roads that are covered in some of the shittiest salt known to mankind, god knows whats in it but it makes one hell of a mess of the cars. Don't worry though, after she was unloaded, she was straight in for a bath! Now all nice and clean and shiney again.

• Like 1

I did a few runs with a load of block paving in tubs' boot once. Not sure the rear suspension was ever the same again :lol:

Can't wait for the salt to feck off so I can get the HUD meister out again. 

• Like 2

• Dave pinned this topic