Yeah I've kinda avoided them seemed slightly dodgy for some reason..  May try now if you've had your stuff. as they sell all sorts windscreens etc too.

Wonder whether mg or rover ones are the same also. May be on Rimmer bros

• Like 1

yeah was kinda hesitant as no way of knowing how bad a company are gonna be when online. Just look at the months of hassle I had over the Mini's exhaust! lol Hoping I'm not gonna need to buy any more parts for DD as money is so tight at the moment. Will be a big achievement just getting her back on the road. Bloody insurance is due in October too i think.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Soooo, fitted the new sensor....bloody light now flashes a code for that one and also now the N/S/R sensor!! Checked and the voltage going to them is 4.6 so think they are getting the right power, but the code shows it could be a power issue. Faffed about with the wiring loom that goes from the rear to both sensors, then pulled the ecu fuse on DD to clear any errors that it might be storing even with the battery disconnected. Turned her on, boom, light off!! Took her for a test drive, light came on when we got out the garagecry.gif1

Continued with the test drive and light eventually went off.......only to come back on about 3 mins later. So deffo thinking it's a bad connection/broken wire on that harness. She's back in the garage and will stay there till I can find the energy to fix her. Had so much going on with the house just now and also Poppy Coopers problems that I'm taking a break from fixing them just now!

Aw mate, you're having the run around with car problems at the minute. 

Do I remember that there was something about the rear hubs on the Decks that meant there was two different sensors - something to do with the number of splines or something like that? Might have been Ali who had the issue? 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Christ, been a while since I updated this! As of yesterday, DD is back up on axle stands awaiting me venturing under her to get to the bottom of the fault. Also want to get the drill with wire brush onto the rear floor to remove surface rust then get stuck in with the underseal. Also got some satin black paint for the suspension arms etc and some silver VHT for the calipers/brake parts. 

Got some switch cleaner so going to spray that into the plug/socket where the abs sensor plugs into above the rear axle beam. Think that will be the place to start to try and trace where the possible break in connection could be. Hopefully won't take too much time to find the fault.

Plan is to get her rwady for MLOT in the next couple of weeks as I really want hr back on the road. Then in May it'll be Poppy's turn for MOT, 2nd one we will have put her through. She's been behaving impeccably since getting all her issues sorted (including a new windscreen!) so hoping she doesn't have any issues at mot.

Hopefully start work on DD this weekend coming as choked with a cold just now. Will get some pics if I can.

• Like 1

Yes mate, been feeling guilty as DD has been sitting there all neglected since her MOT ran out last year so wanting to get stuck in and give her some tlc. The ABS chase should be "fun"! lol Hows the mb6 doing?

Feels like it's finally the end of a long winter mate, and getting stuff done outside doesn't seem as much of a chore - hope you get it sorted without too much hassle. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 6:58 PM, KiNK43 said:

What's the abs fault again?

It's showing as right rear sensor. I've fitted a new one but it then threw both rrs and lrs so thinking it's maybe the wiring at the rear. Not sure what the voltage is meant to be from the plugs where the sensors plug in at the rear? Think when I tested it was showing 4.7v?