project E36 sideways

VTISmichael

Picking up a bmw E36 325 at the weekend, got big plans for her but as she current stands its not great, been standing a while now, no mot (ran out he says) or tax but i had a good look underneth and looks pretty gd actually, discs look a bit rusted, it has E46 wheels on it but he gave me the option of not having them so im not as i dont like them and the rubber is shot. Got a newish sub with mini amp but ill be selling that with the interior and after jump starting it, it ran quite smooth for 146k miles. Going to build it it on a budget.

Plans are:

get it mot'd

new discs/pads

completely strip it out

front bucket seats

2.8 diff or a welded diff

cheapy coilovers

polybushed subframe

modded front hubs with extended tie rods(coming soon)

de-badge

sort rear arches

remove spoiler

full exhuast system

induction inlet

strut braces

possibly vinyl wrap or spray can jobby

maybe roll cage

ive got a set of s14 wheels i think i can use but might get some non bimmer wheels for drifting

this is my first proper go at doing a drift car and its going to be fun and a gd learning curve for me so i hope u guys enjoy my progress with it,

pics of her will come soon!! :D

but heres the expired ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... true&rt=nc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know tom, to be honest id rather have a s13/s14 again but the money they go for these days even in stock is a grand, i was going to buy a minter but buying this so cheap i can spend alot more on it and wont have to worry to much if i hit stuff in my noob drifting lol

Ill have a look at that site now but i cant check it havent got the v5 yet darn!

i am very excited about this, just have to sneak away at night from the missus to do work on it haha

was thinking of these coilovers, not the best but will do the job for a year i would think ? might need front mount camber tops hmm..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TA-TECHNIX-CO ... 51a08d2235

or..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-SPORT-Hei ... 3379e12378

what do u think ?

ive got ta technics on my civic atm and they are good coilovers but the pro sport ones look a lot better and not much price difference, they have helper springs you can take out if you want to go super low 8-)

The pro sport ones look like a better build and it does say they have a 2 year warrenty,

going to be interesting driving it on sunday, never driven a bimmer before let alone 1 thats been standing like a year lol