Day to Day Deck

jon1600E

Looking at the posts in this section, there are some very brilliant and extravagant projects and builds happening.

However, I thought I would post some more mundane day to day running and goings on with my areodeck. Stuff that you will all have done, or be aware of; I hope I’m not going to bore you too much. Money is tight, so I’m taking time to find second hand parts going fairly cheep.

june2012018.jpg

So far I have found a luggage blind as mine was missing. Replaced the battery (£70 in Halfords!!), so it now has the battery out of my MK2 Cortina, very small battery tray in the Civic and most other batteries don’t fit. And replaced the bulb in the clock, I just missed seeing the time when driving at night for some reason.

june2012025.jpg

I’m pleased to say that my car now sports a pair of these (headlight washers). Found on the net for the princely some of £10. A mega expensive part from Honda I am lead to believe.

The to do list will continue to grow I’m sure, but currently comprises of;

Heater resistor pack, speeds 1 &2 gone;

Fog lights, these have nearly rotted away, hard to see what they really used to look like now;

Sticking rear calipers, have bought some second hand ones off the net, hoping to free them off.

I really must check if the cam belt has been done!!!!! Just clocked up 79000 recently.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might find the battery cheaper from Honda surprisingly enough, heater resistor pack; search for a Rover 400/45 one on ebay (much cheaper).

Fog lights come up from time to time just keep an eye out (£90 each from Honda, when I got a price about 18 months ago).

If you have problems with the calipers Rich (civicturbo79) on here does an exchange service for fully reconditioned ones at a good price. :)

Cheers for the info,

I will continue to view everyones projects on here and hopefully get some ideas.

Another thing I will have to do again is sort out the tailgate struts. Found some second hand ones the same length which worked for a while, but tail gate now lands on my head again!!

Wahay!!

Another GLE Plated motor, that's 7 of us now!! :shock:

welcometocivic5smile

If you like being on a budget, my Aerodeck has been done all secondhand so far ;)

Wondered when you'd pick up on that :lol:

Lovely deck mate i loved my first aerodeck was also burgendy, worst thing i ever did was sell that car here she was the day i bought her back after being away from me for nearly two years the previous two owners ragged the sh1t outta it 2 days later i broke her for parts couldnt justify running it and only paid 500 for it back:IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Long live your Burgendy Aerodeck lovely cars i get giddy when i see one like my old girl so many fun times.

Wahay!!

Another GLE Plated motor, that's 7 of us now!! :shock:

welcometocivic5smile

If you like being on a budget, my Aerodeck has been done all secondhand so far ;)

Wondered when you'd pick up on that :lol:

Doesn't take me long!

That's what she said! :lol: