harVTEC's new project - Jordan

harVTEC

So,

Well, as some of you know, my MB3 is up for sale, this is his replacement.

I turned 18, meaning I could insure something a bit better :) Originally I was looking at a standard VTi but my insurance company wouldn't touch me, but would on a Jordan :D Probably due to less being crashed etc.

I don't have many pictures of her yet but here's a couple from the advert:

Jordan1.jpg

Jordan8.jpg

First thing was to remove the front window tints, I don't like front tints, they would also attract unwanted police attention, not to mention the fact that you could see the glue underneath which looked gay.

So, I got cracking, then I decided I wanted it perfect, which meant removing every last bit of tint, even the stuff hidden behind the door cards.

DSCF6339.jpg

DSCF6340.jpg

DSCF6341.jpg

Door card off:

DSCF6342.jpg

Tint gone:

DSCF6343.jpg

DSCF6344.jpg

DSCF6345.jpg

Much better :)

DSCF6346.jpg

DSCF6347.jpg

DSCF6348.jpg

Wasn't a bad job to do, once I had done the passenger side I knew what was needed to make the driver side as easy as possible, very happy with the overall result, I think it looks far better than tints all round.

Next up was to strip the back down and see what I'd be up against rust wise, both arches are starting to bubble, not as bad as some others but still, I wanted to see exactly what was what so I can plan on what to do. Also, I wanted to clean off as much dirt from underneath as possible, obviously dirt gets wet, then you just get a load of damp crap sitting in gaps and so on.

DSCF6354.jpg

DSCF6360.jpg

Areas for concern:

DSCF6369.jpg

DSCF6368.jpg

DSCF6365.jpg

DSCF6364.jpg

Here's the amount of dirt and s**t that came off!

DSCF6377.jpg

DSCF6376.jpg

Luckily all of the rust (other than that on the arch) is purely surface, even the inner arch which was a relief!

Plan is to get 2 new arches welded in, strip the back down fully, sand off any surface rust that's present and then a full underseal in time for winter.

Mods already on her:

Top Fuel carbon intake

Mongoose cat back exhaust

Lowered 30mm on springs

Some form of aftermarket alloys, 17x7

Clear side repeaters

Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser

Got plenty planned for her so keep an eye out, first things first is the work mentioned above.

Cheers for looking.

Harv

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely car mate, rust doesn't look too bad and you've caught it early so that's good. :)

Sensible mods planned. Enjoy. :D:D

Thanks mate :) Yeah hopefully I don't find any unexpected bits.

The mods in the list are what's already on it, I've got my own bits planned though :) Including individual throttle bodies :D

Harv

Lovely car mate, rust doesn't look too bad and you've caught it early so that's good. :)

Sensible mods planned. Enjoy. :D:D

Thanks mate :) Yeah hopefully I don't find any unexpected bits.

The mods in the list are what's already on it, I've got my own bits planned though :) Including individual throttle bodies :D

Harv

Oh right :oops: Throttle bodies. 8-)