kinks EG project. B18 turbo

KiNK43

sorry for asking before reading the whole thread first (I will anyway I guess).....but are you basically swapping the eg with parts from your old M cause you got a new DD?

cause that's what I've been planning to do for a long time with mine MB6 when the time to get something new comes.....I see you have the mb6 alloys on eg so I guess you swapped the hubs/brakes which should work great on light eg imho and was planning the same (i've seen egs with ITR brakes/hubs so should be possible to swap them)

I have asked about such thing on the local honda forum lonf time ago and didn't really get any replies, still too many thing I'd love to know about such build

what exactly is possible to implant in the eg from mb6?

obviously engine/trans, maybe driveshafts if they aren't too long, I've read the steering rack would be a good upgrade as well and wonder if you can use anything more from the double wishbone susp apart from brakes/hub/wheels that you probably did already...I've read the eg is quite similar to dc2 and that the mb is quite similar to dc2 as well

sorry for asking before reading the whole thread first (I will anyway I guess).....but are you basically swapping the eg with parts from your old M cause you got a new DD?

cause that's what I've been planning to do for a long time with mine MB6 when the time to get something new comes.....I see you have the mb6 alloys on eg so I guess you swapped the hubs/brakes which should work great on light eg imho and was planning the same (i've seen egs with ITR brakes/hubs so should be possible to swap them)

I have asked about such thing on the local honda forum lonf time ago and didn't really get any replies, still too many thing I'd love to know about such build

what exactly is possible to implant in the eg from mb6?

obviously engine/trans, maybe driveshafts if they aren't too long, I've read the steering rack would be a good upgrade as well and wonder if you can use anything more from the double wishbone susp apart from brakes/hub/wheels that you probably did already...I've read the eg is quite similar to dc2 and that the mb is quite similar to dc2 as well

literally everything bolts straight in. very easy. only snag i found really is the mb6 master cylinder has different fittings and they are in a different place so need new lines to the prop valve. but yes it all works great.

the car is more than fast enough for fruity driving. the brakes are s**t hot and the handling is just immense especially compared to mb.

i love it. was defo worth doing.

i swapped all wishbones, coilovers,  brakes, trailing arms, engine, loom. pretty much the lot with some cheeky upgrades thrown in too.

but any questions, id be happy to help

I dont honestly know. I maintained 30 today and GPS tells me I'm doing 28.

So if a ticket turns up, they will be getting an appeal. How ill prove it I do not know tho.

oh and apparently my speedo is out. i got flashed by a speed camera yesterday doing bang on 30 in a 30. gutted

What!!! :eek: gutted for you mate! bloody camera's btw love your red bull guage brilliant idea 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) looks amazing mate!

so I‘ve read the whole thread by now and seriously hats off man, you’ve made her looking georgous

I love that stealthish look, the color scheme makes it look real classy and it’s not shouting about itself...that vti color coded lip and the alloys really make it look mean but still kinda stock looking...to those who know though it is a nice clue to what is lurking inside...I’ve seen many eg’s and yours is definitely one of the nicest I’ve seen.

I am glad I’ve rebuilt my engine and kept the M...seeing your car assures me in wanting to do similar mb6 to eg build and your thread surely asked many questions I had...thx for clearing that up to me

looked really mental on the flyby vid, I am sure it was worth all that effort when you are driving that beast

btw what was the h-tune ecu package you went for?