Speed Equip Aerodeck Vti-s **Breaking complete car ** 02/18

10000rpm

By all accounts becuase of the naturally low compressioin of our engines, they respond to boost better than the type r's!

I think for the price of a c6 engine, £1500 i wouldve thought, you could have a pretty good bolt on turbo set up to run 7-8 psi and return 230-240 without breaking a sweat!

Yeah they're about that on the Bay of e! So better value on the boost conversion really and then our long gear ratios would finally be useful! :lol:

By all accounts becuase of the naturally low compressioin of our engines, they respond to boost better than the type r's!

I think for the price of a c6 engine, £1500 i wouldve thought, you could have a pretty good bolt on turbo set up to run 7-8 psi and return 230-240 without breaking a sweat!

It is sort of cheaper going down the turbo route but wanted to stay N/A with the deck. Boost is good but you cannot beat N/A reliability and the main one usability. Depends what your end goal is if boost then stick with the c4.

• Like 1

It is sort of cheaper going down the turbo route but wanted to stay N/A with the deck. Boost is good but you cannot beat N/A reliability and the main one usability. Depends what your end goal is if boost then stick with the c4.

Yeah exactly mate. Not disagreeing with what your doing at all. I love NA!! Massively and the C6 will transform the deck!

I was just comparing price wise to those of us that don't regularly have the chance to get old of a C6 ;)

If you were to get and set up a t25 or similar, you can retain the vtec and have a really drivable car :)

• Like 1

Yeah exactly mate. Not disagreeing with what your doing at all. I love NA!! Massively and the C6 will transform the deck!

I was just comparing price wise to those of us that don't regularly have the chance to get old of a C6 ;)

If you were to get and set up a t25 or similar, you can retain the vtec and have a really drivable car :)

No probs mate, thought I would give a little input as I have experienced both, price wise though it's crazy what you can turbo charge your car for nowadays..

Have ran a t25 on a b18 previously and it made 280bhp but that was maxing the crap out of it. And the increase in engine temps meant a quick run on the motorway and you have to cruise to let them down.

Thanks

Managed to get everything done the other day and have not really had time to upload any pics.

First rays of sunlight after two weeks

IMG-20140516-WA0000_zpsozfboomk.jpg

will hopefully upload some more photos inc exterior.

Thanks

• Like 3

No probs mate, thought I would give a little input as I have experienced both, price wise though it's crazy what you can turbo charge your car for nowadays..

Have ran a t25 on a b18 previously and it made 280bhp but that was maxing the crap out of it. And the increase in engine temps meant a quick run on the motorway and you have to cruise to let them down.

Thanks

Didn't actually see this reply mate!! What kinda price do you think you could do it from then? From scratch?

I've actually been reading mixed things on running a t25, ie it's really flat up top and tails off about 7k??

Managed to get everything done the other day and have not really had time to upload any pics.

First rays of sunlight after two weeksIMG-20140516-WA0000_zpsozfboomk.jpg

will hopefully upload some more photos inc exterior.

Thanks

Looks mint! Can't wait to see more pics!

Didn't actually see this reply mate!! What kinda price do you think you could do it from then? From scratch?

I've actually been reading mixed things on running a t25, ie it's really flat up top and tails off about 7k??

Looks mint! Can't wait to see more pics!

The t25 turbo does die off around 7k but we can go to 8k so the extra 1k is sort of wasted and stressing the turbo.

To do the conversion your self you could probably custom make a kit for around the 1k but nothing ever stops where you want it to and it all just adds up lol. its just a matter of getting good bargains. You will save heaps on labour if done yourself.