FroSTy my frozen white st225. revo stage 4 approx 350bhp - 370bhp. Wrapped

mcjacko1987

Yeah well I guess I'll give her a bit of a service. Surprised though it's as bad as it is as got loads of service history (has something every 6month's roundabout). But it helps me get to know the engine better. Hoping to do a conversion so don't want to spend to much on this engine. Trying to blag the missus round into getting a vtec being a good idea but she's having none of it lol. So at the min it's paint spoiler, then plans are colour code chrome bits and bump strips, paint alloys black, mesh grill, tint rear lights. Things no doubt be going slow now it's crimbo time. Got 2 cans of paint though so spoiler should be on before crimbo. Anyone know where j can get the thread for the bolts for the dc2 spoiler? As one of the threads have somehow popped into the spoiler and it rattles about :( don't think I'll be able to get the b****r out either unless I cut a hole on the Base but dont fancy doing that lol

Ignore the fuel guage they are notoriously vague- I can apparently do about 50 miles on an empty tank before the light kicks in :roll: . The light is also pretty random, but is a better way to calculate mpg.

Apart from the other things people have mentioned I found fresh gear oil seemed to help fuel economy, slightly out tyre sizes absolutely kill it dead, check what profile are on the 17's.

205/40 the tyres are. Got my steelies back on now though. As for fuel light u reminded me to sort that as mine doesn't even come on. And I've had the fuel on the bottom marking of the gauge lol. Might get some spark plugs today as I've got a spare tenner.

205/40 the tyres are. Got my steelies back on now though. As for fuel light u reminded me to sort that as mine doesn't even come on. And I've had the fuel on the bottom marking of the gauge lol. Might get some spark plugs today as I've got a spare tenner.

NGK ;) I actually rate the Irridiums but even standard new ones often work wonders.

205/40/17's are about 3% out in the wrong direction, that'll hurt badly until up to motorway speed.

Well filled up another tank (almost) reset mileage so will see what I get granny driving it with 15" steelies on.

Not bought the spark plugs yet lol.

Will have a look on eBay see what I can find at a good price. Hate spending £20+ on spark plugs as they don't do much different than standard ngks that you can usually get for £9. But if anyone has any links to some decent ones at a good price then feel free to post em up

not been in work this week so work on the spoiler has been on hold :( nipping up there today though to give it a sand with some fine paper and add another coat or 2 of primer, then will try get up there tomorrow to get the paint on it.

back to the bulb question and the bulbs i need being H4. well im looking into getting a HID kit as the standard brightness on these civic seems quite bad. not real bad but not good by all means.

so whats the best kit to get.

H4-2

or

H4-3 bi-xenon

and im thinking 8000k hit

maybe 6000k. i want as bright as poss but i want that hint of blue. not over the top blue, which is why i was thinking 8000k.

anyways il get a pic of the spoiler progress when i get up there after :)

oh i done a small photoshop of how it may look lowered,tinted, dark gun metal grey wheels, no chrome strip, tinted lights.

did this before i ordered spoiler. looks alright i think, but dont think il be able to lower the car much with them wolfrace alloys, will need an arch roller to achieve anything like that....

civicedit_zps9e512bcb.jpg