FroSTy my frozen white st225. revo stage 4 approx 350bhp - 370bhp. Wrapped

mcjacko1987

Well not a good start :(

received_10208808719519265_zps3rvw9as6.j

received_10208808717519215_zpsnh464itl.j

The dreaded cracked liner... And a big one at that. So strange I had no symptoms.

Anyways another block is lined up. Just have to take the head off it and see if that ones crack free and we will get the ball roaling on that. That engine has a knocking bottom end mind so we are going to use that block with all my internals. A cost I could have done without this time of year...

Oh dear! No choo choo for a bit then until that's replaced! 

Why do they crack?

No one knows. I had a theory it's on how they are maintained and how they are driving (thrashing when cold and not letting it cool down before cutting engine). But I always let mine warm up before I drove it, let alone giving it beans, and after a drive I let it idle for a couple of mins before turning off.

I now come to conclusion it's just pot luck. There's standard cars cracked. But then there's 600bhp cars that have been thrashed on track for several months and been fine. It really is strange. 

My tuner has said he's going to try get it back to me before Christmas. I know it's in good hands. Hes given me a good price. But looks like it will be a new year, with a new block, and new power :)

Read through your whole build. Awesome car. Shame about the cracked liner :(

Cheeras mate. Yeah it's a shame. But it's just one of them things. Block can be replaced at lease. It's just money I could have done with not spending this time of year but at least I do have the money to cover it. Do look forward to getting her home with the new source of power

No one knows. I had a theory it's on how they are maintained and how they are driving (thrashing when cold and not letting it cool down before cutting engine). But I always let mine warm up before I drove it, let alone giving it beans, and after a drive I let it idle for a couple of mins before turning off.

I now come to conclusion it's just pot luck. There's standard cars cracked. But then there's 600bhp cars that have been thrashed on track for several months and been fine. It really is strange. 

My tuner has said he's going to try get it back to me before Christmas. I know it's in good hands. Hes given me a good price. But looks like it will be a new year, with a new block, and new power :)

Yeah, suppose it's just one of those things mate! 

Some good news. The donor engine has had the head off and has been cleaned up and its crack free. So we have a donor block. As I said that engine has a knocking bottom end so now it's just a case of rebuilding with my cracked blocks internals. Fingers crossed now she's back for christmas

So it's 8pm and just having a chat with my tuner. I then asked him if he has any spare time during all this if he can maybe take a pic or two for my progress threads. Straight away he sends me this...

received_10208815170440534_zpsrod8pdhd.j

Then he says this...

Screenshot_2015-12-15-19-47-44_zpsc7waeh

This guy is a true legend. How many company's would do this for a customer this late at night.

But how dare he have a brew haha

Brew is standard! :lol:

Kudos to the guy for working late! I guess though once you get into a rhythm you might as well keep going until you either get bored or tired! 

I once helped my brother replace a clutch on an EVO, didn't realise it was 2am when we'd got it back together and on the ground! :lol:

Brew is standard! :lol:

Kudos to the guy for working late! I guess though once you get into a rhythm you might as well keep going until you either get bored or tired! 

I once helped my brother replace a clutch on an EVO, didn't realise it was 2am when we'd got it back together and on the ground! :lol:

Yeah I've been there myself with mates doing the engine conversion on my old saxo. As a hobby I can understand staying up until silly o'clock. But when it's your work and you do it day in day out.... I'd be locking up at 6 lol. Yes trying to get it all done for me before Christmas. Baring in mind he has to strip 2 engine blocks. Make one good one. Then put it all back together. Then continue with the hybrid tuning etc. Got his work cut out lol.