FroSTy my frozen white st225. revo stage 4 approx 350bhp - 370bhp. Wrapped

mcjacko1987

iv copied all this of newbie page so sorry for it being a repeat basically. but saves typing lol.....

Hi I'm Jack. Just got my 1st Honda the other day. my boss was selling for £500 but given it me for £250. It's only a replacement runaround for my current car that's no mot at the min as I've got loads of work to do to it. Anyways as for the civic I may be tempted to keep as its been really well looked after. Interior looks new and not a scratch on the body work (although the colour is a horrid blue/green 2tone). It's a 1999 1.4 16v SE MB2. no rust anywhere and nice clean chassis underneath.
its overall condition though is what's has given it potential for me to keep and i have a few ideas.

Plans for it are:

Respray (which i can do at work).
spray the headlight internal casing black along with the chrome grill surround.
mesh the grill and bumper.
Alloys.
Exhaust.
Induction.
Lowered.
Spray wood trims on dash to probably black.
window tints and probably tint rear lights.
Tidy engine bay up. not that its manky, just put a few fancy bits in there.

So I need some help off you guys. Looking for stuff on the above list if anyone has out let me know.
also i know these are body shared with rover, so can someone enlighten me what parts of my honda i would have to order rover bits for e.g lowering springs, exhaust, induction, spoilers, bumpers etc.

mates have told me not to bother doing anything to it and just save until i can afford a car i really want. but due to this civic being in such condition and being ideal for my lil family of 2 kids i want to plan on keeping it for a long time. i know It's not the best looking of car's but plans will make it look half decent anyways lol. The engine has no signs of oil leaks ever and it's done 130k but loads and loads of service history. cam belt was done last year but there is a constant squeak upon start up coming from the cambelt area. so either the cambelt needs tightening or the tensioner is on way out or even water pump perhaps??????

Nippy engine too for a 1.4 and I love the noise of Honda engines.

oh a couple of pics i think :)

my original car thats just ran out of mot but needs work doing before i put it in for test. saxo 1.6 vtr
IMG00508-20110920-1747.jpg
325074_10152008855920510_944534238_o.jpg

and my new car. the civic 1.4 16v se. the only pic iv got of it other than the one of both together. will have to give her a wash and get more shots of it
621424_10152226237450510_483442454_o.jpg

both on the drive, saxo has no wing as im respraying it.
616016_10152234004765510_1179439390_o.jp

oh heres a pic for you of how my saxo started to how it is now, all done on a low budget and everything done by me. so with the things i did plus all the problems along the way (being off the road last year for 3 months due to failing mot and me having an operation on my shoulder, hg going in the 1.4 so full engine conversion to the vtr engine, replaced gearbox and clutch several times due to a bad mount, replaced bearings, driveshaft, hubs, drums, pads,shoes, full engine and interior loom, failing emissions on mot so had plugs,exhaust,fuel filter, the list goes on). to say iv only had it just over a year and i was out of work at the time i didnt do to bad with it if i do say so myself.......

progresssss.jpg

as you can see the previous owner was a bit of a chav lol so thats probs why iv had nothing but trouble with it lol

so since last week when i got the car so far its had new alloys £50, wasnt keen on the wheels themselves but on the car i think they look pretty good. thinking about spraying them black so they look a bit smaller, then dropping the car should make them look better.
643971_10152242341905510_679372186_n.jpg
177389_10152242240250510_400654170_o.jpg
Managed to win a new induction kit last-night for £2.20 +£8pp. The type with the chrome tube that goes right across and down in the arch lining with a blue cone and blue silicone breather hose. God I'm good at bargains for this car lol.

induction kit should arrive tomorrow so i will fit that at work if it does come :D

thats all so far, again apologise for copying from my newbie post but saves trouble starting up again

induction kit arrived today and im more than pleased with it. has such a lovely grunt and a bit of a tissh to it. best thing iv ever bought for £2 lol.

pics (cars a bit dirty as the yard at work was filthy this morning):

20121115_1624051.jpg

took the fog light cap off on that side to allow a bit more air into the cone. plan is to take the other cap off and mesh them and the long grill in the bumper

20121115_1624351.jpg

next step, find a backbox (which im struggling looking for a cheap one or even a 2nd hand one that will fit on ebay) or to lower it on springs

Just ordered myself a dc2 spoiler. In white though so I'll need to paint it before fitting. But knowing me I'll trial fit it 1st and leave it on there until I get it painted. Or I'll leave it there until I respray the full car

Yeah I know lol. It's been much cheaper than the saxo to modify. Still thinking a nice glossy orange if I respray. The dc2 spoiler would look well if I do it that colour. Been told for me to get primer and paint for the whole car it will be £70 about inc thinners etc. Then I will be painting it.

Just wondering does anyone know if there's any angel eye headlights available for mb2's? I'm still struggling to find a direct fit backbox also. All I find one ebay are standard ones or universal ones that I want to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

ok lil update from this week. after searching high and low for a direct fitment backbox without any success i decided to go universal and fit that. got a 3inch rolled in chrome tip and a black painted box. i cut the existing pipe off right at the old backbox and my boss welded the universal one onto it. funny thing is i ordered it off ebay with 24hr delivery, that night my backbox decided to start blowing. luckily the universal one came the next day and when i looked where it was blowing, well it was worse than i thought, the backbox pipe had snapped right off, right at the joint to the centre pipe. anyways universal one is on all is welded up and pasted up and the box sounds nice and deep without being loud.

pics....

704227_10152291739215510_1989824055_o.jpg

notice the bracket come off?

706207_10152294432720510_466367535_o.jpg

only pic iv got of it on the car before work this morning. car needs a clean though.

also took delivery of this.....

463810_10152288784300510_470389143_o.jpg

integra dc2 spoiler, but its white so i need to paint it before fitting. got 1 tin of paint will grab some more tomorrow and get it fitted next week :)