JDM P72 ecu

Bradnam MB6

Ok im punching a little overy weight here so im hoping someone can help clear a few things up for me!

My ECU is a P9K OBD2 with OBD1 connectors? (Mb6 vti)

A P72 has a more aggressive map than the P9K?

P72 is plug and play with the exception of shaving 2 ribs of to make it fit?

Anyone actually done this and can tell me if its actually worth doing?

Thanks in advance!!

Ok im punching a little overy weight here so im hoping someone can help clear a few things up for me!

My ECU is a P9K OBD2 with OBD1 connectors? (Mb6 vti) Yes 8-)

A P72 has a more aggressive map than the P9K? Yes 8-)

P72 is plug and play with the exception of shaving 2 ribs of to make it fit? yes that right 8-)

Anyone actually done this and can tell me if its actually worth doing? Yes if could find a p72 i would do it! ,,,Jimbob has a p72

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you for the information! The ecu im buying is an obd1 p72 so should ve a doddle to fit! Sounds worth it and for a little over £100 it seems reasonable to!

;) £100+ is the normal price for a virgin p72 ecu! easy 5 min fitting remember after to do a full ecu reset!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ECU Reset,,,

After much Googling about resetting the ECU a variety of answers come up. None which seem to fully apply to the MB6 as usual :roll:

Some of the literature says that Honda ECU's have a fuse that says "back up" or a fuse that says "ECU" and you should remove these. The MB6 has both :lol:

After trial and error today I got a good result from the below.

After getting the car warm I shut her down and took out the "ECU fuse 15A" and the "Back Up fuse 7.5A"

Left it 10min

Put fuses back in & started the car and just left her idling, you're supposed to leave it till it settles down to a smooth idle, [i left it idling for 10min as the fan activates after a certain point and it gives a chance for the fuel trims to include this].

Shut the car down and started it back up straight away. [This is supposed to save the new fuel trim settings].

Could you not just disconnect the battery which will do the same thing obviously I no removing a fuses will be less headache lol

Could do but the fuse box is right next the the battery open cover take them out! simple as 8-)

Thanks for all your help guys! Another question...

The bloke im buying the ecu from had a preface lift ek with a b18c4 lump in. He purchased the ecu from HOND R Tuning but used a wiring convertor as his wiring was too old for the ecu apparently. He states that vtec and iab's work correctly but ive read elsewhere that to get these working 'bridges' need to be put in place. If its a plug and play should i need to worry about this considering he had it working on his b18?

Soz for the essay lol

• Dave unpinned this topic