Centre Console

RobE84

had a feeling that was going to be the case...

any idea of a jap civic with "similar" centre console... mainly just radio and air controls...

i guess i am gonna have to start taking picture of all the work.

be a nice build thread... have done a few cosmetic bits over christmas...

Any idea if its possible to source a double din centre console for my mc2 aerodeck. Part of a new project....

if you check ebay theres a double din bracket you could for an accord from the states

on the civic rip out the lower bit of the centre console where the cigarette lighter is and use that area for double din, customise it so the bracket will fit

the head unit would be sitting quite low though? is that what you want? might not even get a clear picture from that angle?

maybe look into single din units with a external output for a screen then mount the screen onto the dash, a friend of mine used to do that in his 2003 audi a3

im using a JVC AVX33, single din, dvd 3.5" inch screen bluetooth everything you want and wiring for additional screens and additional inputs

i am in the process of putting together a car pc based around a raspberry pi and need it ideally covering the clock and ac vents in the centre.

i was just wondering if it would be possible to swap out another centre console and do a few "minor" alterations to make it fit... going to house the brains where the old cd changer is and then just have screen up front and amps under boot floor on new boot floor.

• 5 months later...

Right bit of slow progress on this as my trip to the Nurburgring emptied the Car fund...

'll have spare centre console that is with my cousin who is busy making up a nice housing and mount for a 7" touch screen where the radi, clock, hazard button and that are at the moment.

Also have the elm327 Bluetooth unit which works with all other cars hut mine at the moment. :(

t going to use Pi now for diagnostics now but instead I have a spare smartphone which I am going to mirror on the pi as the has more processing power to run torque.

all this will be left in the boot.

When it's all done up I will out and software and coding for anyone who is interested.