BIG THANK YOU - CONTRIBUTION TOTAL

DAVEMB2

Hi people David was very strong today and so was the rest of the family at this very sad time I tried to post something up last night but found it hard to do. I know that we are thinking of him and at this time and our love goes to him and family.

I know I have thanked you all for your kind donations & I apologise if I've missed anyone out!

WE HAVE RAISED £250

A cheque will be on it way for Dave to present to Edinburgh Cats & Dogs home on behalf of Civic5 & Dawn

Once again many thanks to each & everyone of you [smitten.gif]

Hi guys. As Jim said, Thursday was a really hard day for me and our family. Dawns service was beautiful, with her favourite songs playing, and the tribute which our nephew Colin read out really captured Dawn from her early years with her sister Di (bladechick on here) through to her long standing friendship with Dave (best friend who lives near Perth), to her 21 years with me (and some of the stuff she/we got up to!) and finally to her life with Colin, who was her nephew but also more of a son to her (and me).

I think I spent most of the day crying, as did everyone, but it was a nice tribute to someone so special and unique as Dawn. She was dealt a bad hand of cards from the day she was born, but fought for everything she wanted in life and succeeded in every way.

She would be amazed (as am I) at the amount you have all collected, it truely is amazing guys. I know she loved this club, and all the good friends she made through it. To raise an amount like that again shows the effect she had on everyone who knew her, either by meeting her or just chatting through here/watching her project deck.

I want to thank you all for your very kind contributions, it really has moved me to know how many good, decent, caring people we have here in civic5. So thank you very much.

I also want to thank Dave and Sarah for setting up the collection, and for taking over the reigns of the club during this time. You two are amazing people, and Dawn loved you both so much. And a big thanks though to all our Civic5 Team, for all you've done to keep things going during this very difficult time.

I'm still trying to gather myself together, so will pop in from time to time to catch up with things in the club. Lifes going to feel empty for now and for a very long time to come, and there's still some things to sort out yet but I'll get there. I've had the best support ever from Diane, Colin, David, Jim, Paul, my sis from London and a lot of other close friends. Without them, I know I would be lying next to Dawn now, so they have really got me through this first and hardest part. So big thank you to them.

I'll get things sorted out regarding the handover of the cheque to the Edinburgh Cat and Dog Home, Seafield edinburgh. and will see if we can get a photo of this too. I know Dawn would have loved this too, as she went there a lot and loved all animals no matter what they were. So it's fitting that this is where the donation should go. I'm sure she'll be looking down and smiling with pride that day.

Thanks again folks, and Dawn..............miss you Peeps xx

• Dave unpinned this topic