gearbox/ clutch problem ??

adeel

i have a MB6 , i got a clutch fitted a few thousand miles ago

however after a few weeks it was badly juddering when taking off so it was rectified

as it was bottom mount on box was loose, but after the new clutch it wud pop/slip out of 5th itself

NOW

the cars drives and pull like a train BUT it pops out of 5th gear itself also it wont go into gear at times like 4th and 3rd

1st and 2nd are ok ? but somtimes it is ok and still feels juddery

could it be gearbox oil or clave cylinder ? anybody have ideas or can help

Thanks

Im not really up on gearboxes but there are plenty of knowledgeable guys on here to help. I may be wrong but I would think possibly a worn syncro or bearing, as this can be a common fault on these, especially if its had abuse in the past, which take it most of these cars have as its in their nature! Im looking at doing slave cylinder and gearbox fluid change myself to smooth mine out a bit but Im sure that a clutch change for my car is not in the too distant future!

Sounds like a gearbox issue (but won't hurt to check condition of clutch fluid and check the seperator fork is moving freely). As Simpo says new MTF will hopefully flush out any debris floating around in there and sort 5th gear issue. This time of year it will probably be more difficult to shift anyway with old stock MTF, be careful if you want to change to other brands/weights some of them are not good for Honda boxes.

Mine is not brilliant at getting into 1st and 3rd, i did think it could be slave but im now thinking syncro. I need to chat to a mate of mine as he is a gearbox pro. If it needs to come out then i will put some new MTF in.

thanks for thehelp guy i have changed the gearbox oil and its made a difference also noticed that the half shaft going

into the gearbox from passenger side - the seal is knackered so just ordered a new seal

thats why iv lost gearbox oil and hopefully this will be solved once new seal fitted

mind you in mean time gerabox is working great -