My Civic MA The Story Continues, She’s Back :)

skitzma8

i think its time to start my project thread :) i brought my civic MA8 1.4is in february its my first car! I chose the 1.4 because of the low insurance group as I'm 21 (but ended up being over 3K!!) I have always loved these civics, I was looking for one for a while in a good colour, but I found this one in a rare colour (Phantom Grey) and i picked it up for a price I couldn't refuse ;) with a bit of tax and mot the car is mechanically sound but the previous owner didn't look after the body work to well :( but the old civic is in good hands now and will be forever as I'm never geting rid of her, I am going to be doing a fair bit of work on her from the ground up with an engine conversion coming at some point.. I've settled for a (D16w4 it's the same as the Y8 and Y2) but the engine is now fitted, I will turbo it soon :D This is how the car looked when i brought it IMG00029-20130223-1553_zps9aac5761.jpg

i had to sort the back end out so i went to my local breakers yard and picked up some light clusters off an MB, and also brought a spoiler not long to fit just drill out the circles in the boot lid and wire up the light to where the high level break light connection runs too. IMG00050-20130328-0431_zps94a9cfb6.jpg

as i said i still wasnt happy with how the grille looked so i decided to remove it completely and mesh it instead of spraying it black like everyone else does, and i also resprayed the front bumper to a dark silver so it looks nice when i get the bonnet carbon wrapped and i added some rover 45 side indicators as the orange honda ones are ugly. IMG00062-20130411-1150_zps2cbe6e9b.jpg IMG00063-20130411-1759_zpsbe5e57a6.jpg

My back box, zennon bulbs and mugen badge arrived the other day so i put them on streight away, the cars looking good now but i am nowhere near finished yet let me know what you think of how its going so far people :) more pictures and info will follow soon just a bit busy at the moment, thanks for looking IMG00074-20130425-1526_zpsb7e61794.jpg