My Civic MA The Story Continues, She’s Back :)

skitzma8

• 1 month later...

Well i passed my driving test the other day 8-) so she will be on road soon. Im just trying to find a good insurance quote :???: I have also done some more work on the ma8, *just a quick list*. I spent a fair bit of time cleaning all under the car and wheel arches. removed both front wings. windscreen wipers and the plastic trim that sits behind the bonnet. I then started removing the old flaking underseal from around the bonnet hinges to find some minor surface rust which was easily removed and treated. I then removed both side skirts cleaned the sills. i then applied fresh underseal to the underside of the car. i used a fair bit of the stuff, but the thing that took the longest was the cleaning! I didnt take any pics because i was too busy working. But she looks alot fresher underneth now and is properly protected from rust and water. * It took me alot of time to get the car ready to be undersealed because you have too make sure all the rust is properly taken care of, and make sure no dirt or moisture remains or you will just make things worse*. 

Congrats mate! Good luck on insurance as we all know it can be a bast**d at times...  :roll: 

Good to see your taking good care of your MA and keeping her in good shape. I under-sealed the hell out of my MB3 as rust is a killer!

Congratulations on passing your test, sounds like you've been busy.

well as long the insurance is around £2500 i will be ok. im 21 and the cars a 1.4. so i should get a good price. just shopping around atm :shock:

tumblr_mnqsgrrT441rm146oo1_500.gif

Love the car! Alloys suit it well, and the grill is different from all the MA's I've seen!  :smile:

Cant get over the insurance though, I got my MC1(1.6 V-Tec) when i was 20 and only been driving for 5 months and got quoted £1250 fully comp! (21 now, renewed 2 weeks ago and it's down to £950 or so)

I'm with Admiral with a multi-car policy, Was the cheapest & best I got offered last October when I first got Insured(was 20). Was £950 for my Clio (2001 1.2 8v) and my Dads Saab 95 (2.0 Turbo, 1997/8), with my the policy holder. Me & my parents insured on my car and just my Parents on my dads. Only had to pay £300 or so extra when I changed to the Civic a few months after! Best thing is that price was without any black box's or time restraints, so all good!  8-)

But best to just look around and not just use comparison sites...cheapest i was offered with them was £1200 for the Clio, and that was with a black box(could have got cheaper if I had time restrictions...but working night shift means that'd be no use).

Hope that's of help & diddent sound like an advert! 

Also hope you find it cheaper! And can't wait to see what you do with the car next.  :smile: