The '88 Accord! Now in hibernation.

Krzys

The time appears to be looming for the old girl to make her return to the road!

A few months ago me and my mate went over to my grans house where the car had been sitting on the driveway for a year with a can of fuel, jump leads and the towing bar!

We got to the car, popped the bonnet and connected the battery and tried it, after about 20 seconds of turning she fired all by herself, no jump leads needed! Only problem we had was my brother who had used the car last had parked it with the handbrake on! :roll:

That didn't stop me driving it off the drive with the rears locked as it was against a wall, so with the car on the street my mate used the towing bar to hit the rear drums as we tried and eventually free'd off the rears!

With the car running and a bit of fuel in it we took it around my grans estate, it's just one big loop with a small road that leads back to the main road so nice and quiet there! Car felt absolutely fine! Took a good few miles of going round this loop to clear the build up off the brakes!

So after the drive we parked the car back on my grans driveway but in the middle of it this time as I had planned to get it in for a service and checked over to see if I needed anything to MOT the old girl!

But a couple of weeks ago my gran rang up saying someone had bent the passenger door! :evil:

So my dad got some tarpaulin and some rope and we covered the car.

Last week we got in touch with a local bodyshop we've used a few times recently and have been told that we may be able to get her in this week to have the door sorted out! We're not looking for a perfect job, we just need it to be water tight!

So I have a couple of pictures from yesterday and of the damage to the door! [smash.gif]

IMAG1159_zps9e8eab28.jpg

IMAG1160_zps7e394525.jpg

IMAG1161_zps9e1ecd98.jpg

IMAG1167_zps76ac0fc6.jpg

IMAG1163_zpscf62bc72.jpg

IMAG1165_zpse8ace7a0.jpg

I still think this is the best sticker ever seen on the car!

IMAG1162_zpsc67d1068.jpg

Lump a H22 in that or even a b18 and youd be laughing my first Honda was an EF 1989 1.4 twin carb it went like stink until the water pump went I sold it for £150 back in 2004 what a mistake was solid as a rock.

Lump a H22 in that or even a b18 and youd be laughing my first Honda was an EF 1989 1.4 twin carb it went like stink until the water pump went I sold it for £150 back in 2004 what a mistake was solid as a rock.

My mate has an EF 1.4 twincarb, its a proper nippy bugger!

all this talk of ek4's my dream is to retro fit a b18c into an EF that twin carb setup was crazy fast but that's back in the days of un-galvanised metal and f-all weight and safety features but was the best handling ever fact!

i think you need to get a b18 into that accord mate bin off that saab 8-)

all this talk of ek4's my dream is to retro fit a b18c into an EF that twin carb setup was crazy fast but that's back in the days of un-galvanised metal and f-all weight and safety features but was the best handling ever fact!

i think you need to get a b18 into that accord mate bin off that saab 8-)

I'm getting this ready so I can bin it off mate! 8-)