The '88 Accord! Now in hibernation.

Krzys

Old Sokol love it! It's got a 2l 12v engine in it ain't it?

Yeah 2.0 12v on a carb with an automatic choke!

Needs a fresh tank of fuel, 14month old juice has upset her a bit but we have not long ago dropped her off at the bodyshop to get the door sorted, guy quoted us £40-50 provided the window doesn't shatter :lol:

Once she's back we need to replace the n/s/f spring and hopefully she's ready for an MOT! 8-)

Needs a fresh tank of fuel, 14month old juice has upset her a bit but we have not long ago dropped her off at the bodyshop to get the door sorted, guy quoted us £40-50 provided the window doesn't shatter :lol:

Once she's back we need to replace the n/s/f spring and hopefully she's ready for an MOT! 8-)

Sounds like a good excuse for a slamming. ;):D

Sounds like a good excuse for a slamming. ;):D

If parts were free then yeah :lol:

Replacement spring cost about £30 so she'll stay in her standard guise for now! B18 lump has been talked about before though! Would be a mega project and would make an awesome sleeper, but the car has so much character as she is!

Had to laugh driving her to the bodyshop last night, the fuel that's in the tank is around 14 months old, took the key out to leave the car and she dies, comes back to life and dies again! :lol:

Fresh fuel needed me thinks! I wander how she'd respond to £20 of VPower nitro fairy dust whatever they've called it now! [smash.gif]

Hopefully hear something about the door today! ecstatic.gif1

after all this talk about it, what an epic little car, so retro and cool, hopefully it'll serve you better than the saab...

It already has, we bought it for £150 back in 2009 and has so far only needed the alternator refurbing after it siezed, a brake line replacing and the current snapped spring :lol:

Not bad to say she's probably covered 20,000 miles in the time we've had her! [smitten.gif]

I was told yesterday that the door has been sorted! £50 is the damage and apparentyl the window is still good, happy days!

Unfortunately none of us are free to fetch her until next week, but until then, here's a photo from the end of the End2End in John O'Groats! :D

64922439620950756142071.jpg

Well I fetched her yesterday, door looks pretty good, only one or two signs that it had been bent and it shuts perfectly fine, the window works and wasn't smashed when it was bent back! Bonus! :D

The heavens opened up on the way home too but at least I know the door is water tight again!

First thing I did though was bung £15 of fuel in her, she was struggling like hell but within minutes of putting fresh go go juice in she was behaving better! Now back at home the plan this weekend will be to drop the oil, get the sump off and clean it up. We're going to seal the fracture it's got and see how it holds! At the same time the nearside front suspension strut is coming out so we can replace the broken spring and also just check the rubbers and brakes too!

See how we get on!