The '88 Accord! Now in hibernation.

Krzys

No, we've not got any shelter, so we'll have to keep an eye out on the weather, it sounds like (and feels like) the roof is getting blown off here at work as it is :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The Accord got some TLC on Saturday! My brother offered to do the work at his garage after hours, happy days!

So here's what was done.....

The only picture I've got of the door since it's been done!

IMAG1174_zpsc91d27e9.jpg

New front spring being fitted!

IMAG1176_zps90447e3e.jpg

Here's the old spring, not bad for 25 years old!

IMAG1177_zps41a5c044.jpg

Accord being pampered the only way my brother knows how! :lol:

It was having a CV boot replaced!

IMAG1178_zps03a69306.jpg

And finally a picture of the A20a engine, just an oil and filter change, first one since 2009 when we aquired it! :lol:

IMAG1175_zpsfffef20d.jpg

She's having her MOT done today, fingers crossed! But we couldn't find anything obvious that needed doing other than the CV boot, front spring and a set of wiper blades!

:o Replaced spring with OEM item?!

Get it lowered [smash.gif];)

Yeah dude, not worth lowering as she is, plus it was proper cheap at £30 for the spring! [smash.gif]

Well I went to my brother's garage after work to fetch the Accord, he hadn't even done the MOT yet so I hung around and helped do it! [smash.gif]

Here she is during her MOT yesterday having her emissions tested!

IMAG1182_zps6b4193d4.jpg

45 minutes later we have this....

IMAG1184_zps863ae3d4.jpg

Happy days!

She's now sat at home, waiting to be used! The next few weeks she'll sit pretty, then I go off to Le Mans and when I come back, the Saab will go up for sale and as soon as it's sold I'll insure and tax the Accord for daily use!

Though my mate who's going to be in the car with me on the Le Mans trip keeps trying to get me to take the Accord on the Euro trip! Tempted as hell but would mean a lot of messing about and paying to change the vehicle on the ferry etc! [smash.gif]

But so much more fun! :mrgreen:

Bet you can't wait to be back inside a Honda :)

The biggest problem if I were to mod the Accord is parts, nobody makes anything for these in the aftermarket division! Customising is not something I'd be able to do! [smash.gif]

The couple of trips I've done in her to the garage etc have had me smiling, she's by no means quick, I mean an OAP on a mobility scooter will do the 1/4 mile quicker but the charm of her is epic! 8-)

Dude, do this...

tumblr_mhfqrq8gAs1qer7q9o1_1280.jpg

[smitten.gif]

That's lush! [smitten.gif]

Will have to see how things pan out! At the minute having her as a daily will be plenty! 8-)

I'd be happy to make the trip down to show her you at some point! :idea:

Not much of a shopping list for that look..

drop, wheels, tint the orange bits, sleepy eye mod. Job done :)

Yeh, come to the somerset meet? :D

Yeah it's not much, but again, will see what happens in the future as I need to deal with debts etc, possibly look into buying a house, priorities and all that lark! But I know the car will last as long as I need her to! :D8-)

When's the Somerset meet?

Good news on the MOT, I see you have an advisory for coil springs though, now you definitely have to get it lowered. :D

Haha any excuse eh? :P[smash.gif]