The '88 Accord! Now in hibernation.

Krzys

Your argument for spoiling it with lowering is ridiculous, get a grip man, that Accord should be on the floor. :D

And Tom will find you as he inserted a tracking chip in your anus when you stopped over, I've just found mine. :rolleyes:

Your argument for spoiling it with lowering is ridiculous, get a grip man, that Accord should be on the floor. :D

And Tom will find you as he inserted a tracking chip in your anus when you stopped over, I've just found mine. :rolleyes:

You can pay for it then because I'm not :lol: 

Right, back on topic for the moment!

Weekends little job was to see what I could achieve by fettling with the carb, I wanted to help with the idle as she idled too low and during the first 10 minutes of driving you'd get the "Stop-Start" style of cutting out when coming to a halt, I'm not fussed about economy :lol:

So first off here's a photo of the idle speed before! (Yes I know it's cold but it was the same when warm!)

IMAG1198_zps69ab8a71.jpg

So firstly the air box needed to come off!

IMAG1426_zps0b0b7750.jpg

But as with all old cars, there was one seized nut! You know how the saying goes, use it or lose it! :lol:

So out with the first precision tool!

IMAG1427_zpseb450cde.jpg

After getting some funny looks from people passing by and realising I wasn't getting very far I went for plan B!

IMAG1428_zps4ab32688.jpg

A few minutes later I had grounds to get an 8mm spanner on it instead of the 10mm it should have been and managed to get the air box off revealing the marvel that is, the single point carb!

IMAG1585_zps675641b0.jpg

The screw on the top with the yellow marking was the idle fuel mix screw, behind the carb out of sight was the idle screw which can be turned by hand, so after about ten minutes of trial and error I finally got a relatively smooth idle!

IMAG1586_zpsd963d509.jpg

Much better! I still need to play with it some more as it's still dumping too much fuel but now I know how to fiddle with it I should be able to improve it more! Plus I've got some new plugs to go in once I find or buy a spark plug tool!