The '88 Accord! Now in hibernation.

Krzys

I am clueless when it comes to carbs... Stick a K&N carb air filter on  8-)

Mate, I work in IT so I haven't a clue with spanners in general, but I managed it with a bit of reading online and some trial and error, I had to play with it some more yesterday as it decided it was going to idle at 2,000rpm but gave the fast idle screw a nudge and sorted it pretty quickly! Also changed the plugs, they were well overdue! :lol: Sounds a lot better for it though! No more jerky/misfiring driving! 8-) 

Good work, been a long, long time since I fiddled with a carb, I kind of miss it, you can hear the results instantly. B)

Yeah, it felt great listening to her as I was making the adjustments! Hard to ignore the exhaust note with the hole in it and no doubt I'll have to tinker with it again once the back box has been replaced next week!  

Found a fuel leak yesterday too! So my brother is going to try and source a ready-made line otherwise I'll have to find someone to make one!

is it a 5 min job? 

Depends how you go about it, probably easier to take steering wheel off for access but the cowling has two screws and then unclips, then the stalks are held in with a couple of screws, you'd have to re-route the looms so they are on the correct sides for the new stalks. I think it would be easy enough when you have a quiet day!  

notice it's not lowered yet....

Insufficent funds! Plus looking at the state of her underneath replacing the suspension would end up becoming a resto project, plenty of parts look like they would want replacing at the same time :lol: 

Insufficent funds! Plus looking at the state of her underneath replacing the suspension would end up becoming a resto project, plenty of parts look like they would want replacing at the same time  :lol:

Sounds like a plan. ;)  :D

:sad:

Still needing a small box to stand on to get in Krzys.

Poor car, not knowing what it feels like to be a road hugging monster, it's all he want's to be, but his owner likes the roly poly ride and making him feel like a 20 year old.

Let the 'deck be young and desirable and wanted, slam it! :wink:  

That man speaks sense, leave the off road look to the chelsea tractors. :wink:

You two can pay for it then because like I've already, I haven't got that kind of money to spend at the minute! :lol:

Plus I need to concentrate on her needs and not her wants at the minute, plenty of TLC needed right now!

Well after another bout of 2,000rpm idling I had the air cleaner off again, 3rd time in a week! :lol:

Culprit was the fast idle sticking, so with a bit of elbow greese I've managed to loosen it off, hopefully, touch wood and fingers crossed it'll stop doing it! Also my bottle of Redex turned up! So chuck half of it straight down the carb, the coughing and popping was imense! :lol:

Other half went into the 2/3 tank of fuel I'd got, even though the destructions said it had to be mixed with 50l, this was probably about 30-35l :lol:

Put it all back together and took her for a spin down some nice A roads locally and 4uck me she seems to have needed the cleaning! Never known it to pick up and go like that in the whole time we've had her! She's no rocket and never will be but she was pretty rapid from what I had become used to! Happy with that!

Just need to deal with the fuel line and she's booked in for the stainless back box on the 2nd!