EK9 project

darthcrab

This is my brothers car, but he isn't a member here and someone a few weeks back said to put some pics up of it, so thought id do a thread in here.

Ok, so the story goes like this.

He started out with a few various cars as we all do, then eventually saved up and got a DC2. it then went under a lot of work, and it was an animal, a lot of custom stuff made personally for his spec and engine and it had thousands spent. here is the only pic I could find on my phone of it, this was towards the end of the build. 

IMG_20121019_231109.jpg

Then that went and he bought himself a 350z. I knew after about a week he hated it, everything about it he didn't like, it wasn't a honda, it wasn't as fun, and although it looked nice and was much better to pull up outside a pub or club in for the girls, he really just didn't get it. so as soon as there was a sniff of a rumor that redundences were being made at his work, he got home and sold it lol. about a week later he went and bought an EK9 for about 3k less than the 350z.

Anyway, he had it for about a week and then put a B18c6 engine in it. ran it around for about a year and decided he wanted a house more than a car, so was going to put it back to standard and sell it and the ITR engine seporate, to make some money up. anyway, he got half way through putting the 1.6 back in and he lost interest, He had deposit money, the car didnt have to go, so it sat on my mum and dads garden for 2 1/2 years, and this happend to it.

IMG_20130208_132318.jpg

IMG_20130204_150508.jpg

So about 2 months ago, he decided he wanted it back on the road.

The B18c6 went back in, JDM ECU, some cams from America, not sure what they are, and a full decat system, janspeed manifold and buddy club manifold back. The exhaust is stupidly loud and the police use to come over a lot from complaints, I think this next picture explains maybe why lol

IMG_20120910_163556.jpg

So, all getting put back together

IMG_20130329_145009.jpg

He found that with it sitting around for so long, a lot of stuff had rotten, being a fabricator, he took all the control arms, took them to work, cut out the rust, welded new bits in and had them painted up. new bushes fitted and then after pleading poverty to me, these turned up in the post.

IMG_20130421_151648.jpg

a couple of days later, some Meister r coilovers also came for it but I missed them for pics before he put them on.

He then got it up and running, and got it on a trailer where he and a guy he works with, ex body repair/painter guy stripped it all down and took it right back for a fresh paint job.

IMG_20130602_135353.jpg

IMG_20130603_132458.jpg

IMG_20130603_132522.jpgIMG_20130603_132545.jpg

I believe now it has all the bumpers back on painted ect, and he is getting some new wheels. then it's a matter of, MOT, tax and then 4 wheel tracking as its way out with the new stuff on it.

A lot of cutting out of old rust and stuff was done, and things that no one would ever see or could see behind and under things were done, this really is going to be back to show room condition. not just a car that is polished nice and claimed to be.

The most frustrating thing about it is, this car is great, it went really well from what I remember and now it's going to be even more improved and look amazing, but he is just so...... meh, it's done when its done type attitude. annoys the s**t out of me lol