Hondata P28

Paulvti

im having similar problems i know that the mc is obd2 but which im seeing obd2a and obd2b  listed everywhere i look . just to add 1 more complication for you .

and about the dizzy no you can leave it as is just need the correct jumper harness for the new ecu (i asked the same question) 

Argh what on earth is it then lol

So confusing obd2a or b and then do you even need a conversion harness if the harness is the same as obd1? Crazzzzzzyyyyyy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Once I've purchased my MC2 I'm going to be buying a hondata ecu,

Will I need a conversion harness?

Are the MC2's OBD2 or OBD1?

Thanks, Paul

If you're not planning on going boosted or not going hardcore for the internals there's no need for Hondata. I ran Hondata on my old d16z6 (P28 ECU) but I have done ported and polished head, lightened/balanced crank, +1mm oversized Crower pistons and eagle h-beam rods, Titanium valves and springs, Spoon bearings, ARP head bolts and main studs, Stage3 Cam, Skunk2 can gear, lightened pulleys, flywheel and stage 2 clutch. This was also used with a T3/4 hybrid turbo setup.

I had everything setup and running it at 12PSi using Hondata however I don't see the point of buying one to install if your not going to build the engine.

PS: When you buy a Hondata you tend not to buy the actual ECU, you get the chip to install into your existing ECU.

If its going to be only bolt ons just GOTO a reputable mapper

What power is your Z6 running then dude with all that work?

I'm just getting a socketed P28 for now the main thing that confused me is the ecu harness but I spoke to daz at endless horizon and he said you just need to trim a little tab off one if the plugs for it to fit straight on so no problem :)