K7000's MB9 Slomo Project

K7000

• 1 month later...

Finally i have swapped my ugly, rusty, totally fxxxed up old fuel tank against the new one that was stored in my garage.

There was no more time left for the swap...the old tank was loosing fuel everywhere...!!!  :shock:

tankrep.jpg

Monday after work with a little help of a friend of mine the operation started...car on jacks...me lying under the car most of the time.

tankrep02.jpg

tankrepair.jpg

Took around 2 hours until the new tank was installed. Finally an important point on my ToDo list is finished and i can

drive around with a full tank again...!!!

Haven't seen this for a while: 

tankrep03.jpg

• Like 2

The car was parked on grass for about 1 year before i bought it...that's why some parts under the car have been in a very poor

condition. I have already changed some breaking + fuel line pieces because of that...and now the fuel tank.

Btw...bought and installed a new pair of tailgate stay assemblies. The old ones didn't work anymore.

Small but important update because the rear hatch would not stay open.

DSC_0217.jpg

I need to get some for mine at some point! 

x2 mine are stopping at nick height, both my wife and I smack our heads on it occasionally!

:lol:

I bought a new set of these not long after I got the car as the tailgate kept dropping on the wife's head.