Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

My front adjustable Skunk 2 camber kit ball joints are both fecked :(

Took my car to get it's tracking done and the guy looked into why it was pulling to the left in the first place, found both upper ball joints have play. Bought parts in January 2014 so should have some warranty on them seeing there under a year.

Just hassle fitting them...AGAIN!

Probably knackered due to suspension being quite hard and low....but then I thought they were designed for that stuff? Oh well

That sucks! Even worse than my m factory lower ball joints.. At least they saw the warranty period out (wish they hadn't on some ways though).

Is it the skunk 2 ones where you can get an upgraded upper joint?

That sucks! Even worse than my m factory lower ball joints.. At least they saw the warranty period out (wish they hadn't on some ways though).

Is it the skunk 2 ones where you can get an upgraded upper joint?

Yeah, they have taken a pounding but should be designed for that. You have mentioned an upgraded upper joint? That would explain the standard one being pish then if you can buy upgraded ones!!! :)

It's the hassle of buying another pair and then getting them fitted...especially at xmas time. Just my luck :(

Having just looked at the company that I bought them from, they do a skunk 2 'pro-series' one. The upper ball joint looks the same but the rest is different, would be the same result I think even fitting the pro-series ones. May be wrong though.

Nope, you are the master! I never saw the ball joints separate, just the kit! So they look the same but are indeed better.

I emailed Funky power with my warranty issue only today. I shall ask if i can get warranty on ball joints alone rather that the complete arms. Doubt it as I bought the full arms but worth a shout and could pay extra to get the uprated ones :)

Good find mate

• 3 weeks later...

Just a wee update regarding Skunk 2 ball joints;

A big thumbs up to Funkypower for supplying me new ball joints instead of the full arms. Makes it easier to line up old markings to save getting full suspension geo done again.

They sent out the part first and trusted me to sent back the old ones, which I will obviously do. Not many companies would send parts out first. They would always take payment for replacement and refund when they get the faulty goods back. Saves me money and hassle having vehicle off the road.

Again, top company. :)

• Like 2