Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

Sounding good mate ! You going same width and offset as dinochips too ??

Will be interesting to hear what you think on handling wise with those :)

Yeah mate, going to go with the same as i had ordered before and same as Dinochips.....195/45/16 or 195/40/16 +20 ET and 8j.

As Dinochips made it possible then i shall give it another go as those wheels are my favourite by a mile. Difference being that i have adjustable front and back options now, something i didn't have when i bought em. I won't be going mad stanced, as i'm running -2 rear camber the now, it shouldn't be to far off fitting with just arch rolling. If arches need flaring then i will cross that bridge when i arrive at it! :)

Plan is to buy one wheel and tyre and use that as a fitment guide. That way i don't have the added pressure of the intitial outlay of £700+ for wheels n tyres. One step at a time on this build.

• 1 month later...

Well I think that is me done messing about with modding my MB6. I have recently had the arches rolled and suspension setup with a healthy -1 camber on front and -1 on rear. Doesn't handle quite as sharp as the previous track setup but my tyres will now last longer!

I have taken the car as far as i think is justifyable in terms of age and what i use the car for. I'm happy with the power and handling so no need to spend big on cams, intake etc. The car is now built for track days and hooning, whilst it's also my daily drive.

I will continue to maintain the car to a high standard and spend to keep it on the road for a further couple of years! It's honestly been a great buy and still love driving it after over 2.5 years. Long may that continue.....if i don't get any more Asbo's! :(

So this build thread will now be less interesting!

• Like 4

No point messing it up when you've got it how you want it.

Nice on for knowing when to stop too. Sometimes things just go over OTT.

I know mate, my previous cars went too far in terms of modding so i vowed to just get this car to how i want it and then stop!

I could honestly spend much much more on engine, spoiler and cosmetic mods but have to see sense!

Fair play she is a stunning motor and sounds awesome. Still remember it from dawns meet hope I can stop when I get mine how I want her

Yours is an evolving beast! You WILL stop once you have reached your own personal goals!

• Like 1