Camber setup for track days

Dexter

Wow, that's alot of camber! I was advised not to go much past 1.5 if I wanted the tyres to atleast last further than my house to the petrol station lol. Sky's the limit If u can afford to keep changing tyres. Well done! :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4secs =good progress 8-)

Wow, that's alot of camber! I was advised not to go much past 1.5 if I wanted the tyres to atleast last further than my house to the petrol station lol. Sky's the limit If u can afford to keep changing tyres. Well done! :)

Thanks, yes i reckon 4 secs is quite allright 8-). I only drive about 1 tank of gas per month + the occasional track day so i think it's not too bad for the miles i accumulate.

-2.3 camber for the track isnt alot at all. It does depend on how much roll you have, if you have a softer setup you will roll over the tyre more, and thus need more camber. But thats a very camber dynamic way, really you should have a stiffer setup so the values dont change much under cornering. 

With my Accord for instance, the setup is for track, i run -2.5 all round and i consider that small enough not to change that for the road, and hence that what i daily on. I have no tyre wear issues because my toe is spot on and my bushes are good. Toe for track should be toe out at the rear, -2mm say, and -1mm at the front, for maximum steering response, but thats a bit twitchy for the road, 0 all round is best for tyres obviously. bit of toe in at the rear for stability.  :smile:  :wink:

Personally, I would have less camber on the rear than the front.

What is the ride height?  Or is it dropped to the floor?

For track it's pretty low, almost as much as the H&R coils will go. Here's a pic with my street setup, for track i raise the front 10mm to get it stiffer since there's no damping adjustment.

hbzu.jpg

it will handle better and roll less if you raise it.  That is very low.

I think it's still pretty high! :grin: But like i said i raise it a bit for the track, and the camber/toe is set for the current height so for now it'll do. But you're probably right!

if you understand roll centres, you'll know I'm definitely right!

I'm sorry but i don't, i looked it up from wiki but that's just too much theory instead of practice for me. From what i've noticed observing other cars at the track, almost all of them are very low (or just low, in my book :wink:), especially the plateless honda's and beemers people build as cheap track cars. My logic says low = less roll, the only reason i raise my car for track is because my coils lack damping adjustment.

But you seem to know what you're talking about, what kind of setup you use for trackdays?