News flash... I’ve just discovered the H-Tune website!!! Being up all night scrolling through their endless list of parts has given me a wish list totalling about £3800!!! :laughing1:

• Like 1

Went to do my rear brakes this eve... went from bad to worse!!

first I realised not to underestimate the importance of axle stands.. my own stupid fault... 

No damage done luckily... then once I got it back in the air, the tip of my screw driver snapped off whilst trying to undo the holding screws on one of the discs!! 

Another go tomorrow with sturdier tools it is!!! Lol

16 minutes ago, snakey135 said:

Went to do my rear brakes this eve... went from bad to worse!!

first I realised not to underestimate the importance of axle stands.. my own stupid fault... 

No damage done luckily... then once I got it back in the air, the tip of my screw driver snapped off whilst trying to undo the holding screws on one of the discs!! 

Another go tomorrow with sturdier tools it is!!! Lol

had a similar issue a few years ago with my old cavalier. the drive wasn't level and it slipping off the jack nearly crushed me, then the jack ended up in the fuel tank :lol: 

fixed it all up then rolled the f**ker! 

get yourself a impact screw driver. they're great for getting those screws out of disks. got mine from halfords 

Yeah I was doing it on my stone driveway so not a good idea to do it whilst on the jack... lucky I used the sill and I weren’t inside the arch when it came down!

yeah that’s the right thing to use, I just didn’t think i’d need it as those screws aren’t usually that damn tight!!... I forgot that I haven’t had the discs off yet so I should have expected it lol !!

I always go for the impact driver, it's a legitimate use of a hammer WACK11111[smash.gif]

School boy error though, I don't trust those scissor jacks at all and tend to use my trolley jack as much as possible with axle stands.

6 hours ago, Krzys said:

I always go for the impact driver, it's a legitimate use of a hammer WACK11111[smash.gif]

School boy error though, I don't trust those scissor jacks at all and tend to use my trolley jack as much as possible with axle stands.

I know Krzys, I completely hold my hands up to it... I should know better, I’m a mechanic for god sake! Lol... up on stands now though and hopefully finish off tonight, with an impact driver and sledge hammer!!! :twisted:

• Haha 1